Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kasha77

Kelly Ann photos and others

kasha77
13 years ago

My first blooms on Kelly Ann really surprised me- 2 blossoms emerging from one calyx! I love how fat the Calyxes are! This is such a healthy gorgeous plant. most of my brugs are blooming now. Hope you enjoy!

kasha77

Kelly Ann

{{gwi:540275}}

Kelly Ann

{{gwi:540277}}

Cupid's Blush

{{gwi:540279}}

Cupid's Blush

{{gwi:540281}}

Butterfly

{{gwi:540283}}

my world

{{gwi:540285}}

Comments (16)

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

Lovely world you got there Kathy! Which of your brugs are most fragrant? There all elegant enough.
    And what would be that flowering tree to the right of your last picture? Is that an azalea?

Thanks for sharing - Sandy

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

My husband loves the sweet fragrance of Serendipity, my daughter loves Creamsickle, I have a nice vibrant clear yellow noid from Willbean that's pretty sweet, Charles G is great, Xena just bloomed and is a nice sweet spicy smell, but my most favorite of all is a seedling blooming for the first time, from Brenda- it's a cross of Dorthea X Esmeraldes X Mt Magic- it smells like orange blossoms! Yes, Sandy- that is an Azalia, it moved with us as a little stick from an apartment where we lived 3 years ago. It smells like vanilla! My white gingers are blooming near the front porch- that's an incredibly sweet tropical smell! My Gardenia is blooming her head off near the drivewav, I'll have to charge the batteries in my camera and get a shot of her. I love sweet fragrances!
    Glad you enjoyed it!
    kasha77

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Wow Kathy, your brugs are all amazingly beautiful! That's an interesting looking azalea. I thought it was either some form of crepe myrtle or a cane rose. Love your world and bet it keeps you busy :-)

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Eloise-
    You're right- it's a Crepe Myrtle. My mind is stuck on brugs! Glad you like my garden, it's only one of 12 gardens that I have. I just came in from digging a new bed- getting it ready for another new arrival of brugs- I'll put a bannana in the middle! Just had to come in for a little drink and a rest, then back out again! Wish everyone could take a tour!
    kasha77

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

Kathy, what a beautiful yard, and all in less than 3 years! I especially love the satiny Cupid's Blush.
    I will email you later today- life in running interference lately!! lol!
    ~Brenda

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

Kasha, everything is amazingly beautiful! The paths and
    plants are so inviting.
    Margaret

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Brenda-
    That's fine, I know how it is! Yes- it is amazing that I've been able to turn this old lawn into a paradise in 3 years, considering I have a full time job and am fast approaching 55. I'm a nanny and all I do is play like a 3 yr old all day, so I love to work out in my garden when I get home and on weekends! God has been good to me and I am so grateful for the life He has given me!
    Almost finished with my new bed. Got to go back out after a PB sandwich!
    kasha77

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Kathy,
    Your gardens are just beautiful!
    Great job!

Karen

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Karen! Wish you could all be here with me to take a tour!
    kasha77

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

Thanks Kathy for that list of great smelling plants. I'm not a nose person, but I like to turn it on for exotic smells, it's only on stand-by for dangerous or troublesome smells...lol

I had first thought it was a crepe myrtle but then I saw your zone and didn't think they survived in that zone or colder except the newer dwarf varieties. I wonder if it would live in a 6b? Any chance you'd know the name of it?

I bet you'd like the smell of perfumes like Tabu, Chantilly, Obsession & Fire+Ice.

- Sandy

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Kathy
    your Gardens look so tropical, it's just Beautiful, all that in 3yrs is something, you've been busy, Thank you for the tour

Elizabeh

• ruth_ann
    13 years ago

Very pretty blooms and gardens. :)

• figara
    13 years ago

Kathy, you have such a beautiful garden. I enjoyed looking at your pictures.
    pat

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Pat! Glad you liked them!
    kasha77

• threas
    13 years ago

Wow Kathy! Your brugs are beautiful! So is your garden! :)

• kasha77
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone for the compliments- I wish I could have you all over for a picnic- wish we weren't so far from each other! Sandyseeds- Crepe Myrtle is a favorite and well loved standard shrub / tree here in NC. It lines the streets and cul de sacs everywhere. Mine smells like vanilla, so does the white variety. I do not know what the name is of this little purple guy- I rescued him from a dry stony lawn when he was 2 feet tall, 3 yrs ago. Actually- I really don't like Tabu- my sister had it when we were young- too strong. I just bought vanilla coconut body spray from bath and body works- keep it in the fridge and spritz it on when I come in from the heat. Refreshing! I also have a sweetly scented blooming Hawaiian white flowering ginger, and my Gardenia is in full flush- I can smell it right now coming in through the window. They love cool nights- and it's been in the low 60's lately. Glad everyone enjoyed!
    kasha77