Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thanks for all the advise, here are the results.

Posted by AllanRandall z7 OKC (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 19, 12 at 0:13

Hey everyone, A lot of you may not remember, but I have turned to this forum for help many times. Everyone here has always been so helpful and polite. I figured that now and then you guys might like to see whats comes of all your advice, so here are my fist blooms. It's supposed to be NOL though it has yet to get any color, but it sure smells heavenly.

Ok, now that I've lured you all into my trap with an enticing picture :)
I can ask for more suggestions. I'm sure most of you have been in my situation where once you see that beautiful bloom and smell its intoxicating fragrance, you've simply got to buy more. I'm looking for a variety that is very floriferous, one that gives large and frequent flushes. I'm sure there are countless varieties that fit that description, but the catch is my location. It must stand the very hot, very humid, summers of Oklahoma (the plant in the picture has actually done very well here). I was thinking Cherub or Charles Grimaldi, but I'm not sure if they will do here... I'm also open to other suggestions.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thanks for all the advise, here are the results.

Please ignore spelling mistake in the title. I did preview my post, yet I somehow didn't even give the title a second look... go figure.

o

• Posted by mksmth oklahoma 7a (My Page) on
    Fri, Mar 8, 13 at 11:57

Hey Allan

I know this is old but I am bumping this because I too am from Oklahoma and are wondering which types would do well here. From what I have been reading it seems for sure the ones you posted will.

My choices will come down to fragrance first then color.

Mike

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Mar 12, 13 at 11:09

I'm in Texas, but my 2 best ones for frequent flushes are Charles Grimaldi and Dr. Seuss.

o

Hey Mike, very shortly after posting this topic, I did more research and got a good price on two varieties. I went with Miss Emily Mackenzie and Charles Gramaldi. MEM did very good in what heat we still had, it was late in the season though. Even got a couple of blooms and I can easily say they were the most amazing blooms I have ever seen. CG is still very small and this will be it's first real growing season. I'll have to let you know how they do.

I will say that, after that picture was taken, New Orleans Lady continued to produce about six or seven more blooms and they did eventually turn peach in color. I never had any trouble with it in the Oklahoma sun with afternoon shade, so it was certainly a good choice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here