Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sandysseeds007

Thanks for the pictures Everybody!

sandysseeds007
13 years ago

Just spent a couple hours going over all the threads I've missed. Especially, just couldn't miss those pictures. Thanks for sharing all the beauties. Do wish I could have them all...lol.

Karyn, does your Langenbuscher Garden have velvety leaves?

My LG cross with a double pink hardly has any fuzz at all.

I did manage to cure it from the nitrogen deficiency but it still has a problem with lumpy leaves that won't smooth out, in between the veins type of lumps.

{{gwi:542182}}

Super PInk xNoid not so pink! But this is a seedling from spring planting and I expect a flush of 6 flowers this year. Loosing whisker length though...boo. If it weren't for the whiskers being the same as Super Pinks I'd of had my doubts that it was a cross of hers. The next day,

earwigs came out of nowhere and chewed up the flower so I didn't leave the flower on to see if there'd be any further color change. It was almost pure cream on day 1. The pictures show it a little darker than in actual color.

It was only open for 2 days. I'm hoping subsequent flowers will be pinker! The flower texture literally feels velvety, really weird...lol

{{gwi:542183}}

{{gwi:542184}}

{{gwi:542185}}

{{gwi:542186}}

{{gwi:542187}}

And, Frosty Pink looks especially white and stronger pink this year. I have a flush of 50 buds coming in this year. And it's still in it's 5 gallon pot...lol I have to water it daily!

{{gwi:542188}}

Cassie's Curls xnoid will have it's first flower out this weekend and flushes of whites and Charles Grimaldi and Monika are also all expected this fall. And a flower or 2 from one of the other Cassie's Curls - which is also a seedling grown only since spring. 2/3 flowered from seed in their first year within about 5 months. I'm impressed. Thanks Kylie ;) Lots of fluffy leaves on many of Brenda's babies but I'll be waiting for the ones I do keep from all of them to bloom next year - really nice root balls to - they grew fast. Thanks Brenda! I still have 4-6 weeks but no buds on most of all the 5mth seedlings. I wish I had a bit longer growing season but I wasn't expecting any flowers from 1'st year seedlings at all, so I'm happy.

Thanks all - Sandy

Comments (4)