Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bill, here they are, in the house now. :)

Posted by Ament 5a SD (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 1:57

Here are both ladies you sent me Bill. I didn't snap a shot of the datura yet because it's still recovering. For whatever reason it got hammered with mites. :) All gone now but she's still recovering, so not looking her best.

Emerald Frost

Miss Emily MacKenzie

Thank you so much for sending me these. :) Miss Emily is doing much better as you can see, after having dropped every single leaf she had. LoL

~Tina

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bill, here they are, in the house now. :)

Thanks for the pictures. Winter them over in the house and they will be ready to give you some nice blossoms by early summer next year. Inside they will get a little leggy by spring but they will really take off when they go outside in the spring.
Bill

o

I moved them into a Southerly exposure window. I got that big honkin' oak entertainment stand moved all by myself. lol ripped the cheesy backing off it and it's backed up to the southerly window. The brugs are in the spot where the tv would normally go. :) This room has two windows an east window and a south window. I took the curtains off both windows and will move a very small humidifier into the room as we have radiant heating and I don't want things to dry out too much.

~Tina

o

It sounds like they will be happy for the winter.
Bill

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Thu, Sep 15, 11 at 15:07

Beautiful!!!!!! Nice Job......

You Rock Bill!!!!

Kylie

o

I certainly hope they do well over the winter. I really want them to bloom next season! :) And you're right Kyle. I was so tickled to get these two beautiful brugs. Now I hope to get a few more, to add to them. lol You guys have me hooked! ;)

~Tina

o

How old are those plants, Tina?

o

I sent them rooted on August 6. It looks like Tina is doing a good job.
Bill

o

Yeah, Miss Emily didn't take the trip so well but Emerald did. :) Bill did a good job packing them, just some don't travel so well. LoL Same as us folks I suppose. I've spent every day moving those gals all over too. Haha! From my deck to the yard, back to the deck again. So they got good light, but didn't get dog pee on them. I'm hoping I can convince Bill to maybe be sweet to me again and gift me a few more of his lovelies after he takes care of everyone elses wants. :D

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here