Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
eddiedewayne

missing you

eddiedewayne
13 years ago

gm ,

its been a long time since i posted anything in this group . i have not forgotten you!!! i have taken a full time job as well as the farm . i tell you there is not enough hours in a day .

i had allot of fun growing BOC datura out this year . jack you have done a fantastic job . i do have pics of each hybrid and will post them as soon as i get them water market . it seems like everytime i look at ebayuk or similar , wow , there is one of my pics .

my morning glory crop just blew my mind . i have not counted but i must have close to 100 types . very interesting plants . thanks to everyone who sent me seeds .

brug seedlings are doing well . it looks like i may get over 85% to bloom the first summer . these seedlings where 3-6 inches tall in 6packs when i planted them this spring . they grew fast this spring .

here is a pic of a single pink i'm thinking about registering . its called "heat stroke ".

{{gwi:544110}}

{{gwi:544111}}

Comments (23)

• green_thumb_guy
    13 years ago

Hi Eddie,

wondering where you've been.

That's one way to way to make sure no one uses your pictures

LOL

:)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

That's one big bloom! I love MG's and am getting some really interesting variations on Blizzard this season. There's a gentleman named Ron (username ron_convolvulaceae) that posts on the vines forum. He's the most knowledgeable person when it comes to MG's and loves sharing info. I think just about everyone turns to him. If you get a chance you might like to correspond with him.

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Hi Eddie,
    So nice to see you posting!
    That is one big beautiful bloom!
    Dont work to hard!

• knotz
    13 years ago

Hey Eddie!!...That is one HUGE bloom!!!

• threas
    13 years ago

Hi Eddie! Wow! That is some bloom!

• mantorvillain
    13 years ago

wow! I was feeling pretty good about the blooms of a couple of new (to me) brugs but that's gorgeous as well as huge.
    Will

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Huge is right! Wouldn't that be a conversation starter in your neighborhood?

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That is a gigantic bloom. Thanks for turning up to show that.

It's beautiful!

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Hi Eddie!
    Thanks for posting- we miss you! I think of you every time I look at your brugs!
    Great new flower you got there!
    kaksha77

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Wow, what a fantastic brug that "heat stroke" is! Love the color, size and shape -- definitely register it.

• eddiedewayne
    Original Author
    13 years ago

eloise .
    what zone are you ? i need some help trialing a few plants in california . my friend mikie is getting a few years on her and can not continue to help.

believe it or not :lol lol lol this pic of kongmansia with jeff in it was stolen and used on ebay .lol just amazing .
    {{gwi:501328}}

• WOODSGRANNY
    13 years ago

eddie,when will "heat stroke"be available on ebay?love it
    patricia

• marcie_new
    13 years ago

Such beauties!! I would love to get some cuttings of the pink one and the white one, where do I find you on e-bay? will you please e-mail me privately? Thnaks Marcie

• eddiedewayne
    Original Author
    13 years ago

i will not have heat stroke available until early next summer . i'm still watching bloom cycles and making sure the cuttings are true to mother .

marcie , i only have a few kongs left . i may have a few on ebay starting next week .

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Eddie, I am in zone 10. Sent you an email last night after I got my computer working again, and since GW was down for maintenance.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Awesome I really love those huge Belled blooms!!!

• yaslan
    13 years ago

Wow! Those are some fantastically ginormous blooms! I'd love to get my hands on a few cuttings. What is your id on ebay?
    Thanks for sharing and inspiring me.

-Bo

• roper2008
    13 years ago

I was wondering why your name sounded so familiar. Then it hit me.
    I bought some cuttings from you. Almost all rooted and some have
    bloomed. I have you bookmarked on my computer. Those are some
    huge blooms you have there.

• gymnmore
    13 years ago

Wow - that is really beautiful !! I wonder how it would hold up to our hot Louisiana summers? Also, I had a question about "Confusion" - please e-mail me privately.
    Thanks ~ Judy

• passiflorapond
    13 years ago

Eddie, those are absolutely breathtaking blooms! I second the question, what is your name on ebay? Email it to me please! Thanks man

• Frances Coffill
    13 years ago

Beautiful blooms! and so big! I was getting bored with the pink ones and you have got my attention with that one! WOW!

Thanks so much for sharing your blooms

Frances

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Eddie, we miss you. Wow, what a beauty. Can't wait until next week, to see what cuttings you have available. I always had the best luck with your cuttings. Barbra

• pixy_dust
    13 years ago

I didnt know they could get that big. I am new to growing Brugmansia's and I enjoy looking thru all the pictures posted on here.
    Thank you
    Kayla