Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Confusion fully opened

Posted by rmbill 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 3, 11 at 7:26

I FINALLY got a blossom to fully open. This is the 8th blossom so far. It is very pretty but is it worth it to keep it when most of the blossoms don't open all the way. The pictures were taken in late afternoon heat accounting for the wilted leaves. It has the rest of the year to prove itself but its chances of coming back next year are getting slimmer.
Bill

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Confusion fully opened

Lots of frills on that one, If you have the room why not winter it again and see how it makes out next year.

o

OMG the blossom is Huge! LoL Does it smell as pretty as it looks Bill? I too would winter it and see how it does, if you have the space. :) Gosh it's so pretty!

~Tina

o

just takes my breath away!

o

Congratulations, my brugs they died on me honey bun was sick for an entire week temps in the 100's not home to water when I was watering the plants were being cooked with the heath and the sun scorched the leaves and stems got cooked, so now I will have to start all over, right now my dble brug and single yellow one are barely hanging on so I moved them to the shade hoping that they will recover, we did have a break couple of days in the 90's so that should help some.Marcie

o

Confusion skirts should drop. A number of my multi skirted brugs aren't opening normally this season and the skirts are remaining stuffed. I'd give it another season to see if the flowers improve before deciding if you want to trash it.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 12, 11 at 16:11

Looks like a decent performer.. Don't give up on it just yet!!!!
You have had some real Beauties this ..CONGRATS!!!!!

Kylie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here