Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Brugs just seem to have stopped growing :(

lovetogrowflowers
13 years ago

I have three, one over 7 feet tall, and two around 6 ft tall. The 7 foot tall one is going through its 3rd flush (if you wanna call it that) of blooms. First time about 4 blooms, second time about 3 blooms, this time one bloom. No other buds showing. They ones I do see are tiny and just dont seem to be growing.

On the other two, one hasn't y'd but the other has. Tons of Y's and millimeter size buds that haven't grown in 3 weeks. Just staying the same size. It's been hot here too. I'm fertilizing like I should, I give them plenty of water.

I was so excited to get them in the ground this year and they have grown like crazy. Please tell me it really is the heat. I read many others saying theirs are not blooming either. This being my first year I am disgusted and very upset that I am getting no blooms. I just wanna cut mine down :(

The buds I do see I so small and they're not growing. Why is that? Will the heat also slow down the buds from even growing? I just don't know what to do. Should I just grin and bare it? Hope for some buds when it cools down. I'm lost and upset, thinking I may be doing something wrong.

Should I keep fertilizing?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting