13 years ago

{{gwi:544639}}{{gwi:544640}}{{gwi:544642}}

{{gwi:544644}}{{gwi:544645}}{{gwi:544646}}{{gwi:544647}}

{{gwi:544648}}{{gwi:544649}}{{gwi:544650}}{{gwi:544651}}

{{gwi:544652}}{{gwi:544653}}{{gwi:544654}}{{gwi:544655}}

Comments (8)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Very pretty. That's a nice flush on your brug. So few of mine are producing decent flushes. Most are just producing a few blooms at a time. I wonder if there's enough time left for your plumie to bloom outside? Is that a dwarf pomegranate or one of the larger varieties?

• threas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, Karyn! I really only had three flush nice so far. I hope my plumeria blooms in time. Last year,I had to bring it inside and the inflo dried up. I still have never had blooms on a plumie.:( That is a Dwarf Pomegranate, I grew from seed. I found the open bloom had fallen off last night. I love the flowers though.

Did you see your seedling produced a split bloom?
    Theresa

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

Your white is one of the best I've seen, especially for it's buds surviving this heat. A profusion of huge nice white pendant shaped flowers!

And that tri-color flower with variegated foliage, what is that? A canna? That's a perfect plant - has all the good stuff in it! How are the aromas? Check the brugs at night, that's when their seduction powers are at full throttle. ;)

And what would be that last one in the second row? That's unique, I've never seen that one before, similiar but not quite.

Thanks for sharing - Sandy

• threas
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandy, thanks! Actually, that white brug is a versicolor peach,it's first or second day. It has gotten a lot peachier now, plus the pix aren't that clear. I need to figure out what's up with my camera. The fragrance is wonderful, especially with the breezy cool nights, it wafts through the windows!
    The canna is a NOID dwarf and the variegated foliage is from a Stuttgart canna. That would be awesome to combine them.lol
    The OTHER PLANT IS A DWARF UMBRELLA PALM. It's growing in the stream of my pond bareroot. I hope I can get it out.lol I overwinter it in a bucket of water.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Great stuff Theresa, I especially like the EE on the last row, and of course, those full flushes on your brugs!

• green_thumb_guy
    13 years ago

Your canna is most likely Spitfire. I had that one and the flower is the same.

:)

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Quite a few of my single brugs that have bloomed over the summer have sent up the occasional split bloom. It happens every year when we have extremes in temp. As long as they go back to normal it doesn't bother me. Can you tell I'm not a fan of split and shredded brugs? lol I'd always thought the dwarf umbrella was a papyrus. Nice to know what it really is.

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Very pretty Theresa!