Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
From Texas to Trinidad- Thanks Lucy!! -pics

Posted by siam_cannas 13 (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 28, 10 at 8:32

Hi everyone, Here are a few pics of whats new in my garden.
I got some thistle seeds from Lucy, and im really amazed at how well it performed in my climate.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next is aristolochia grandiflora, which is really beautiful BUT DO NOT feed this plant to your gold rim swallowtails, they will die after a few days!! The adults to lay eggs on this vine, but the cats die after eating it.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Siam

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: From Texas to Trinidad- Thanks Lucy!! -pics

WOW WOW WOW! Great plants! I love unusual ones & that one sure is! Thank you for sharing!
kasha77

o

Beautiful Siam, I especially love your Aristolochia
grandiflora soo pretty!
Thank you for posting those!!

Karen

o

• Posted by izhar Karachi, Pakistan/ 1 (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 28, 10 at 11:57

Great pix... I really liked the Lantanas in the last pic... butterfly heaven..

Izhar

o

Those are all just beautiful, so glad the thistle worked out for you.

I really love the Bromeliads.

That last Lantana looks like a native one here in Texas that we call "Ham and Eggs." The latin name is horrida and it attracts the Monarchs that migrate through here twice a year.

Siam, the Swan flower did not put out any seed pods that I could find. I did locate several more patches of them all around the yard so will look again next year. We had more swallowtails here this year, so that could be the reason.

Thanks for showing all those gorgeous plants.

Shirley

o

WOW WOW WOW! Great plants! I love unusual ones & that one sure is! Thank you for sharing!
kasha77

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here