Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruth_ann_gw

Shawnee's Legacy

ruth_ann
13 years ago

It isn't often I post pictures of a single bloom but here I am, doing it LOL.

Shawnees Legacy, ( as have all my doubles except Golden Lady) has struggled this summer with getting the inner bloom to drop down and display. I attribute this to the heat we had all summer here, it didn't even cool off over night often and that just dries the throats out on the outer blooms, stiffening the flower before the second inner skirt could drop down.

Now that the nights are cooler, the doubles are behaving normally again and there was this single bloom on Shawnee's Legacy to prove my theory yesterday. She is back to her normal fully displayed skirts with tendrils flaring self.

I hope to get one more little flush on her this year before we dig her up by Oct 10th.

{{gwi:545992}}

{{gwi:545993}}

Comments (14)

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Ruth ann
    That is one Beautiful Bloom, Thank you for posting your Beauty

Elizabeth

• threas
    13 years ago

Beautiful, Ruth Ann!!!!

Theresa

• gottahosta
    13 years ago

What a prize, Ruth Ann. Beautiful!
    Thanks for sharing it with us.

• gardenpaw
    13 years ago

Very beautiful Ruth Ann!
    What is the fragrance like?

• karyn1
    13 years ago

This is weird. I posted this morning and now it's gone. Lovely bloom. Send some of those cooler temps down here!

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Ruth Ann-
    She sure is beautiful! I saw my first brug in Canada, 10 yrs ago. They lined the streets of a cute historical village,and were about 8 feet high. I was desperate to find at least a seed pod on them, but nothing. Now I have over 1/4 acre of mostly brugs!
    Thanks so much for sharing!
    kasha77

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Ah that's just lovely Ruth Ann. I hope to have something to show before a frost hits. Well, Santa Rosa just let some buds out of their calyxes but you've all seen her bloom all summer.

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

She sure is a lovely one Ruth Ann! She has that porcelain glaze look to her flower and a beautiful unusual deep pink to! I love long tendril to, I hope I get some on one of mine...lol.

Do you water everyday Ruth Ann?

By the way, at least one of the two daturas of Jack's that I showed pictures of their first flower are now coming in with a MUCH lighter tone as in much more yellow is showing up and so the purple may just mottle better in these next flowers. They should be out tomorrow or the next day - I'll get pic's then.

Thanks for sharing your pleasure - Sandy

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Absolutely spectacular!

• sekhment
    13 years ago

Beautiful!!!! lovley bloom!

• ruth_ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I do NOT water every day, I am not up to that nonsense with my back LOL. They are all planted in the ground so I water maybe every third day or so.

Thank you for the nice comments everyone.

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

You must of been reading my mind Ruth Ann...lol I water every 2nd day and was thinking maybe you water yours everyday!...lol The way you wrote out your response sounds like you knew what I was thinking!

How is your back anyway? Did you have your surgery?
    And how many brugs did you keep after all??? Not that you'd ever give up Shawnee!

Giggle - Sandy

• ruth_ann
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Will be having a big 8 hour back surgery in ( likely) Oct Sandy with a 6 month ( at least) LOA from work, I may not be able to return to work ever. I have 9 ( varieties)Brugs at the moment, will get down to 7 to bring in before surgery, I would be hard pressed to go lower than that because I Love those 7.
    With Hydro becoming charged according to the time of day you use it, I will not be running the GH any longer, the tropicals have to come in to the basement for storage from here on in.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Spectacular Ruth Ann, I can't wait until this one is sold! I really want it because of the name.