RE: My Brug / Fall Flowering

Very nice! Congrats!

o

Did you fertalize ?

o

Heygeno,

I fertilized heavy in the summer. But I feel I was fertilizing a little too much. I laid off the fert for about a month. When I started to see buds, I picked up on it a little.

Just MiracleGro

These are my Brugs now, and we had a Frost lastnight. Still blooming

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And my babies are going strong

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Guess it's time to play musical plants. Out during day, in during night.....

o

hey !
The pics you posted..... are they cuttings from the year before ? or have they been wintered over ?
All of mine were late blooming this year ( hot /dry this summer...watered every other day....)

o

Heygeno,

Thos cuttings are all from this September. Getting them a little root before they go into a basement window for the rest of the winter.

o

OK...... so will you overwinter your blooming ones ? or let them die and start fresh next spring with your little cuttings ?
I cant help myself..... I try to bring in all my ( nearly tree size brugs TOO !!)

o

Heygeno,

I will try to overwinter the large ones as well just to see how it will turn out. But I know I have the little abies as a back up. The larger ones we the same size as the little babies last October, so I at least now know I will have some nice plants next year.

The only reason I did so many was that so many visitors were in awe at the beauty, so I told them I would grow them one. I can then teach them how to grow cuttings and they can pass some on.

I would really like to get my hands on cuttings of different colors. I don't really feel like dropping money on-line but I might have to next spring. I would like a red or purple

o

same here..... the first one I bought 4? years ago for 25 bucks at the end of season ....( pink/salmon color ) and now have a yellow and a white I traded with locals here in columbus.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 1:38

Very pretty

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here