Very nice! Congrats!

• heygeno
    11 years ago

Did you fertalize ?

• Rubby
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Heygeno,

I fertilized heavy in the summer. But I feel I was fertilizing a little too much. I laid off the fert for about a month. When I started to see buds, I picked up on it a little.

Just MiracleGro

These are my Brugs now, and we had a Frost lastnight. Still blooming

{{gwi:547854}}

And my babies are going strong

{{gwi:547856}}

Guess it's time to play musical plants. Out during day, in during night.....

• heygeno
    11 years ago

hey !
    The pics you posted..... are they cuttings from the year before ? or have they been wintered over ?
    All of mine were late blooming this year ( hot /dry this summer...watered every other day....)

• Rubby
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Heygeno,

Thos cuttings are all from this September. Getting them a little root before they go into a basement window for the rest of the winter.

• heygeno
    11 years ago

OK...... so will you overwinter your blooming ones ? or let them die and start fresh next spring with your little cuttings ?
    I cant help myself..... I try to bring in all my ( nearly tree size brugs TOO !!)

• Rubby
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Heygeno,

I will try to overwinter the large ones as well just to see how it will turn out. But I know I have the little abies as a back up. The larger ones we the same size as the little babies last October, so I at least now know I will have some nice plants next year.

The only reason I did so many was that so many visitors were in awe at the beauty, so I told them I would grow them one. I can then teach them how to grow cuttings and they can pass some on.

I would really like to get my hands on cuttings of different colors. I don't really feel like dropping money on-line but I might have to next spring. I would like a red or purple

• heygeno
    11 years ago

same here..... the first one I bought 4? years ago for 25 bucks at the end of season ....( pink/salmon color ) and now have a yellow and a white I traded with locals here in columbus.

• ruthz
    11 years ago

Very pretty

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions