Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crocuscottage

Re: This seasons blooms

crocuscottage
10 years ago

A few pictures of this years blooms. Enjoy.

Comments (9)

• plantlover49
    10 years ago

That's really Pretty, Love the color

Elizabeth

• crocuscottage
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry, I only just realized that I did not get the other pictures up for you. My bad. This is my "Betty Marshall". For me, about my best bloomer, and very fragrant.
    The earlier photo is of one of two tree forms I made from "Charles Grimaldi". It is about 8 feet tall, with a 7 foot spread.

• crocuscottage
    Original Author
    10 years ago

My pink one.

• plantlover49
    10 years ago

so very Pretty, Thank you for posting them, if you're interested in a trade, I would love to have a clipping of Charles Grimaldi, I have been looking for that one, all Brugs are Pretty, but I esp. like that one. I have double & singles to Trade, I also have other Plants I could trade

Elizabeth

• carrie751
    10 years ago

Does this photo reflect the correct color of your Charles Grimaldi? If so, mine has always been more yellow than orange and this one looks almost apricot color to me. Could not tell from your bio exactly where you are geographically, but wondering if weather conditions are a factor in the color.

• crocuscottage
    Original Author
    10 years ago

The cutting for my Charles was given to me, and the giver told me that is what it is, he even marked it with a "CG" in marker pen. The blooms do start out a lighter shade, and deepen over the course of a few days.
    My temps right now are moderate, 55 to 60 at night, and 75 days.
    For nutrition, I used Epsom salts (magnesium sulfate) couple times a summer, give chelated iron twice a summer, and feed weekly with Peters 20-20-20. Watering is currently twice a day, they get sun from 7am to about 4pm. I give a small handful of lime in the spring, for calcium.
    The Epsom salts helps to give good rich green foliage, good bud set and promotes intensity of color in the blooms. I just pour the Epsom salts into my Miracle Gro feeder on the end of my hose, turn on the water and fill the pots up. You can get it at any drug store. If you use a watering can, add 2 tablespoons Epsom salts to 5 gallons water.
    The tree forms are both in 20 inch pots, one is square, the other is round.

• carrie751
    10 years ago

I live in North Texas where the temps are triple digit for a number of days during our summer months. The heat has never been a factor in stopping my brugs from blooming, but the blooms fade faster than when it is cooler. My Charles Grimaldi ("son" of Dr. Seuss) just never turns apricot as the color in yours shows. This is my ninth season growing these beauties, and I have found that if I add tomato fertilizer, it helps to produce flushes instead of just a few blooms.

• ruthz
    10 years ago

Do you cut plants back and take the pots inside for the winter?
    They are all beautiful. What is your pink one?

This post was edited by ruthz on Fri, Sep 6, 13 at 15:07

• crocuscottage
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Yes, I cut them back and into my basement they go. They get a half gallon of water once a month, Christmas to April 15. If you look very closely and carefully at the pictures, you can make out where they are cut every year.
    The I have two pinks, one is Ecuador Pink, and the other is a Suaveolens if I have it right. Not sure of that, as it was given to me with out a name, and that seems to be what it looks like.
    Truthfully, from what I have seen, can not be sure of what exactly it is, even if it comes with a name.

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES