Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sibs

Posted by gottahosta z7b_NE_GA (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 1, 10 at 13:21

Remember this?

August 2010 seedling bed

presenting mom, Dorthea and dad, #713A (Bergfeuer x SuperSpot, Volker hyb.)

Dorthea #713A- Bergfeuer x SuperSpot Volker hyb.

Below are five sibling seedlings that recently bloomed.

Dorthea x #713A
Dorthea x #713A
Dorthea x #713A
Dorthea x #713A

Dorthea x #713A

Quite a range of shapes/ curly/straight/ no tendrils but they are all pink!
Let's hear it for PINK!!! LOL!

A few of them are very dark pink, but I was actually shooting for a dark, dark pink Dorthea seedling!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sibs

Brenda,
Those are great looking babies, even if they aren't what you were hoping for.
pa

o

Thanks, PA- I like the one that looks like it's banking & coming in for a landing! ;-)

o

That Dorthea has an absolutely beautiful pink! I'd of been content with that one if it were my first and only! There are 2 in there that are pretty dark pink with long whiskers, which characteristics do you hope to have from
Dorthea?

Lovely babies! You surely are pleased with yourself!- Sandy

o

Brenda-
Isn't it interesting how sibling brugs can be so different? I have 5 of your seedlings of Dorthea X Esmeraldas X Mountain Magic growing so far- only 2 have bloomed- the one that I posted so far is a medium pink, FABULOUS fragrance of orange blossoms, disease and pest resistant. The next one is a smaller dark pink. Can't wait to see what the rest will turn out to be!
Thanks for sharing! Great Work!
Kasha77

o

The 2nd pix looks like it has dad's shape. All beautiful though!

o

It won't let me enlarge, but I really like the color on the first seedling.

o

Thanks for the comments- and I'm sorry that the thumbnails won's open, guess it back to the huge photos! I thought photobucket was going to work for me. This is my only complaint about posting photos on the GW, so I have been posting my photos on Facebook and on Cubits.
Good luck Kasha with the rest of your seedlings.
I was shooting for a darker pink Dorthea. Dorthea's tendrils are over 4" long and I love them.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 3, 10 at 12:03

That 4th one of the sibs is really nice!! Is this the first blooms? Looks like you have a bunch coming in!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here