Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My lone brug is dying from the top down

Posted by dirtygardener73 8b (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 13:24

All the top sprouts wilted. I got them in water, and a couple perked back up, but I don't know if they'll root. The cutting that was rooted started to rot, and has shown now signs of re-rooting since I re-cut it.

The brug (Isabella) has a strong branch on the bottom that is growing like mad. I'm going to repot it into a plastic pot this week with better soil for the winter, so I'm hoping it will survive. I'm not having a lot of luck with this brug, honestly. I should have kept one of the Ecuador Pinks. They are much easier to grow. I just pray this one makes it through the winter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My lone brug is dying from the top down

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 14:44

Some harder to root than others.. You might want to try it in perlite.. Go to the search bar and type in rooting brugs.. There are several links with pic's and info..Good Luck!!

Kylie

o

When I think about it, this one was difficult to root. I got it as a bonus of 3 cuttings with an order, and only one cutting survived, whereas all of my other "paid for" cuttings survived. Maybe that's why he was giving it away. I'm going to get some perlite tomorrow, because I need it for other things. I'll try that with some rooting hormone. I have four cuttings, so at least one should take, don't you think? I'll buy some fresh rooting hormone, just in case.

o

Using rooting hormone doesn't seem to make a difference either way. When you make the cut- make sure the bottom is calloused over slightly before planting it. Cut it and let it dry for a few hours. I've killed my share of brugs - but that's how I've learned! :) Many will be offering cuttings for postage soon- keep your eyes open! Best wishes to you-

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 13:40

Check out this link..

Kylie

Here is a link that might be useful: kerriann

o

Thanks, Kylie. I have two cuttings that survived. They are in distilled water and starting to get nubbies. I'll probably be potting them up this weekend. It seems I've had better luck without rooting hormone. Someone just told me she uses honey to root stuff. Might be worth a try.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here