Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ruth_ann_gw

This is for local Ontario Canadians .....

ruth_ann
17 years ago

I will be doing my annual offering of some of my Brugmansia this fall. (cuttings and a few mature, named plants)

I still have buds on many of them ( over 16 at the moment) so am hoping to see them bloom before I have to start bringing them in.

Likely I will be holding this on a Saturday early in October. I will post again when I have a set date.

I do Not mail out cuttings, nor do I hold specific ones for you. You must come here on the date I do this and get what you want. Bring pots if you hope to get a plant, paper towels and plastic wrap for cuttings, and your clippers.

I have plenty of tagging material but it would be helpful if you brought your own string.

I do this on a first come, first served basis and only the one day.

Please send me an email with the subject:

Fall Brugmansia

if you are interested in this, I will email you the specifics once I set them, along with directions. ( I live in Burlington, 20 minutes east Hamilton and 45 minutes west of Toronto.

Comments (10)

• cleoa
    17 years ago

Hi Ruth Ann. I just saw your post and wanted to let you know that I think you are being very generous. I just wished I lived near you instead of Alberta :) As well, thanks for all your help in the past.

• ruth_ann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Your welcome cleoa. :)

• skraps
    17 years ago

I'm really interested . I live in toronto and recovering from surgury . I would love to come and get some cuttings. I hope I will be able to travel by than . Please email the rest of your info my email is skraps@sympatico.ca
    Thanks vey much

• samfawzy10
    17 years ago

I'm alo interested, please email me the info. sehamfawzy@hotmail.com
    Thanks in advance, Seham

• ruth_ann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Please folks, don't post to me here, click on the blue letters beside my name that say
    My Page then click on ' send me an email' on that next page.
    I do not come into here every day and I may miss your posts.
    I also need your emails to file to assist my memory.
    Thanks

• sandysseeds007
    17 years ago

Thank you Ruth for such a generous offer. I wish I could tolerate a ride out there. I hope you get enough homes for all those beauties. I've read quit a few of your links and your help has been extremely valuable to all who read it. It's good of you to share this particular specialty of yours with us newbies.

I hope this will lift this link up in time for others to catch the offer. Good Luck - Sandy

• tastefullyjulie
    17 years ago

Bummer, I'm only 40 minutes away but in NY. I'd have to smuggle them in. Not that it would be hard but I'm just too honest to lie to customs :)

• ruth_ann
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Julie,

If you are up for just a nice drive, then come along. If you are interested I will email you the date, time and directions.
    Another GW member may be coming up from NF NY just to 'peek and socialize'. I am about 45-50 minutes away from the Lewiston Bridge.

• sandysseeds007
    17 years ago

Time is a runnin' out!! For those interested in RuthAnne's offer and us Canadians know how difficult it is still to get our hands on even cuttings of these fabulous flowering trees/bush.

Anybody driving in from Windsor...I'll need half the trunk and the back seat to lay down on occasionally. ha ha ha Might as well look for a needle in a hay stack. I do believe in these kind of miracles though.

Ruth Anne, would you know an Alex Wallace in Burlington, he's an anastesiologist (I know I'm a lil off on that spelling). He owes me one. ;o) Besides he's gotta come visit his parents eventually so why not now. Another needle in a haystack wish. sigh...

I'm hoping some of you are going to put out the effort to let Ruth Anne do her good deed and please people as she is trying to do!! So send her an email and yours...pronto!
    Less than one week left that I know of. Sincerely -Sandy

• sandysseeds007
    17 years ago

Regarding JimmiJoJo's concern,

As it works, if a canadian can't post on a forum board it is restricted to US gardenweb members although emails can still be sent if an email address is offered. And vice versa for US members on Canadian resticted boards.

However, if you find you can post, the board is open to both countries.

Obviously, the illegal sending of live plants (from either above ground or below ie. bulbs, corms, tubers, root balls, etc) must be understood as not possible and so those restrictions are usually made clear by those posting such offers. There are always people who don't know this and so kindly let them know should they post a cross border offering other than seeds.

Peaceful gardening, Sandy