Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

Rain!!!!

chena
12 years ago

We have been waiting for the Dozer guy to show up for weeks.. Welp.. he showed up yesterday and doing an awesome job.. It was dry at 4:15... $700 later it rained..LMAO!! What are the chances??? He will be starting over in a week or so..

At least we are not having to water them right now.. The part he cut out is about 8' deep.. We got 1 3/4" of rain...

Kylie

{{gwi:551205}}

{{gwi:551206}}

Comments (19)

• mnwsgal
    12 years ago

Ah, and so it goes. Glad you got some rain even if it was not the most convenient time.

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

Hey Kylie,

Good for you. It's a start.

• Ament
    12 years ago

You having them make the pond deeper? Or should I be calling that a lake? :) Glad you got the rain though, I know you guys down there needed it desperately.

~Tina

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Thank God! We are praying for you over there! :)

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

So what are those planks on the edge? Did you try to go water skiing, LOL! Happy you got some rain!

• beachplant
    12 years ago

It's raining here today! My co-worker & I were like little kids with our noses pressed to the window watching it. Every time we heard thunder we would giggle and get excited.

• chena
    Original Author
    12 years ago

El that was where they walked out to toss the pump.. Looks like they should have Skied.LOL .. They pumped water for 5 hrs yesterday so the Dozer Guy could go back to work.. It rained last night SOOOO Back to square one...LOL just got the power back on.. YIKES!!!! 0_0

Kylie

• chena
    Original Author
    12 years ago

LOL El Hubby said that was the diving board...;0)

Kylie

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

I'm so glad Texas got some rain, it's been record dry there hasn't it? We had the same inconvenient timing for rain early in the summer, just after some concrete had been poured. Needs to be redone now. Sheesh.

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I'm glad you finally got some rain even if the timing was bad. Now I wish the freakin' sun would come out here. You should see the size of the mushrooms popping up everywhere. They are the size of dinner plates!

• kasha77
    12 years ago

Mmmm Karyn- probably edibles. Wish I could be there to harvest them! ;)

• chena
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hubby came in around 9:30 last night and ask me how I felt about Plan B! Which is to hold off on cleaning that one out and just build a new one about 2/3 the size of that one for about half the price.. By the time I got done saying HMMMMM.. He say good the Dozer guy will be here around 7:30 in the Morning.. LOL

Kylie

• chena
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The beginnings of Plan B! To be continued..LOL

Kylie

{{gwi:551207}}

• ruth_ann
    12 years ago

I saw on the pet channel just yesterday where a 4 week old puppy fell down a 6" wide ( at the top only) 24" deep crack in a back yard that was there strictly due to the drought in Texas. I should think that they would be happy for the rain in that neighbourhood at least. BTW, the puppy was rescued just fine.

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Diving board is good too, LOL! BTW, what are you guys doing to that piece of land that you are having it cleared up? Didn't know what Plan A was, and still in the dark about what Plan B is for, :-)!

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

That's some major work going on there. Is that a cattle tank?

Ruth Ann - I'm always amazed how far stories like the puppy rescue travel.

• beachplant
    12 years ago

28" below normal here! We didn't even get any tropical weather this year.
    Don't eat those mushrooms! As a rule the ones that pop up in the yard after rain will not kill you but give you a heck of a bellyache, vomiting, diarrhea.
    Tally HO!

• chena
    Original Author
    12 years ago

The new Tank is in and there is storm moving in.. I will post a pic later I am having trouble with PB..

Kylie

• kasha77
    12 years ago

beach plant-
    you're right- never eat any mushrooms that grow outdoors- unless you know how to correctly identify them.It takes a great field guide, learning all of the particular mushrooms'characteristics, and examining spore prints for correct id. My daughter and I used to ride around the neighborhood back in NY on our bikes after a rain and fill 4 wal mart bags on our handle bars of wonderful meadow mushrooms- cousins to the common white mushroom and portobellas. They are huge- just like portobellos, but taste even better because they are so fresh! They are all in the same family of Agaricus. I sure miss them and would love to find them here in NC!

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio