Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rialira

I can't keep my brugs anymore - who can I give them to?

rialira
13 years ago

I've been putting off this post for a long time in hopes circumstances would change, but it's not looking likely. I'm going to end up having to move in some pretty ugly and undesirable circumstances at the end of this season, and I've got a number of brugs of different sizes that need re-homing. I live in central Connecticut (06037) and I'm really hoping a local enthusiast can come take them and give them a loving home. among them are:

desiree, double/triple orange (just under six feet tall, multiple trunks)

adora, single white (six feet tall, single trunk, kind of crooked)

durazno, double peach (single trunk, seven-ish feet tall)

super nova, HUGE single white (six feet tall)

unidentified GIANT single white, could be super nova (five feet tall, huge trunk)

unidentified double white (three feet tall)

unidentified ?? (three feet tall)

and a bunch of other small rooted cuttings about a foot tall or under of the same varieties.

I'll also be massively cutting back the small handful of brugs I'm keeping (just the trunks probably), so I'm going to have massive amounts of cuttings of temple goddess, xena, versicolor peach, miss caylie, and possibly tiara.

I'm impossibly disappointed to have to be doing this, but I don't really have any other options at this point. if anyone has any advice for me, I'm all ears, heh.

thanks for reading! I hope someone can give these a loving home.

Comments (18)

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Hi Rialira-
    I am so sorry for you that your circumstances have turned ugly. I know what tough times are, hang in there, God will help you! I would be interested in your rooted cuttings from your large plants, for postage if you're interested. I'd also be intested in Temple Goddess and Miss Caylie. Your brug babies will certainly have a loving home with me! All of my 12 gardens are devoted to them. Hope things start turning around for you-
    Big Hugs~
    kasha77

• karyn1
    13 years ago

Sorry to hear about your impending move. Hope your circumstances change soon. Is there a CT or maybe a NE gardening forum? If so you could post there to find someone local that's interested. Good luck.

• yaslan
    13 years ago

Hi Rialira,
    I too am sorry to hear of your circumstance and hope that things will work out for the best. But I can give your cuttings (rooted or not) a home. Also, I can pay for postage and be most grateful and appreciative. I hope things work out for you. Good Luck!
    Bo

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

So sorry you are going through some trials Ria. Prayfully, things will turn out positive in the end.

• knotz
    13 years ago

I can also take some cuttings off your hands for postage...Hope all works out for you.

knotz

• chena
    13 years ago

Ria I will keep you in my Thoughts and Prayers!!! I am sorry you have to let go of all of the things you have worked so hard for.. Once things DO turn around for you I will help you re build in any way I can.. I know personally how hard it is to have to start over...Next yr will be a rebuilding yr for me more losses than not!!

Kylie

• kasha77
    13 years ago

That's a great idea Kylie, I will be glad to help you both next year or whenever you're ready to rebuild your collection. Please contact me then, I have so many named varieties that will help to be a nice fresh start for both of you!
    kasha77

• sekhment
    13 years ago

Hi Rialira, That is such a bummer My heart goes out to you!! I would be more than happy to give some of your brugs a good home I can pay for postage to. I would also love to help you built another collection when you can.
    Good luck
    Cassie

• chena
    13 years ago

Thank You Kathy!!! â¥

Kylie

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Kylie-
    You're welcome! You're one of the sweet folks here that has helped me grow my collection. I''d be glad to help!
    hugs~
    kasha77

• turbodogg98
    13 years ago

IM SORRY FOR THE PROBLEMS THAT YOU ARE UP AGAINST. IT SEEMS THAT EVERY WAY WE TURN ITS SOMETHING ALL THE TIME. I WOULD PROVIDE A GREAT HOME FOR THE DOUBLES AND TRIPLES THAT YOU ARE TRYING TO GET RID OF. DROP ME A LINE AND WE WILL GO FROM THERE. LIKE I SAID I WILL GLADLY PAY THE COST OF SHIPPING. THANK YOU AND I TRULY HOPE THINGS GET BETTER. THANK YOU DAVID GOODE

• turbodogg98
    13 years ago

IN REGARDS TO THE TRUMPETS NEEDING NEW HOMES. EMAIL ME AT TURBODOGG98@AOL.COM AND SEND ME YOUR MAILING ADDRESS AND I WILL GLADLY SEND YOU THE MONEY FOR SHIPMENT OF SOME DOUBLES AND TRIPLES. ANYONE ELSE READING THIS POST THE SAME GOES. IM TRYING TO GET MY HANDS ON SOME DOUBLES AND TRIPLES TO GROW THIS FALL AND WINTER. THANKS A BUNCH DAVID GOODE

• threas
    13 years ago

Ria, sorry you are going through hard times. You will be in my prayers.Theresa

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

So sorry, Rialira, that you can't take all your brugs with you. Have you posted on the New England forum? Someone (s) there might be close enough to drive over/down/up to pick up some.

Glad to that you are still able to take some of your favorites.

I will keep you in my thoughts and send calming vibes your way.

• Patsey Nelson
    13 years ago

Rialira,
    Only God has control of these situations, some day you will be all the better for this rough time.
    I would love to have some colors, doubles or just about anything. I have peach/apricot and white. I am just starting this year. I will be glad to pay postage.
    Keep your head up, I will pray for you.
    When you get established, I will send you cuttings off mine.
    Patsey

• Andrew Scott
    13 years ago

Hello Rialira,
    I am so sorry to hear about your situation. It looks like you have a lot of support here on the brugs forum:) I am a new brugs grower. All I have are Frosty Pink and an unk yellow. I would love anything you have to offer, especially the doubles and triples. Please email me with specifics and ofcourse I will pay for postage.
    Andrew

• marcie_new
    13 years ago

Iam sorry to hear about your circumstances and, God willing this will get better, in the meantime I would like to give some of your cuttings a home I am willing to pay postage, I would love to get some of your triples and doubles, but I'll take whatever you can spare or have left over, please let me know so that I may send you postage right away, I will be praying for you. Marcie

• rialira
    Original Author
    13 years ago

sorry I haven't had a chance to reply to everyone! I haven't forgotten this thread though :P

I might have a temporary place for most of my bigger brugs, but the smaller ones still have to go simply because there are too many, and I'll still have a crap ton of cuttings. I'll refer back to this page when it comes time in a few weeks to cut.

in the meantime, would anyone be interested in well rooted NOIDs? they're all two to three feet tall. I have one that was given to me as a double white, two pink ones, and one or two that I'm not sure of. shipping's going to be kind of ugly on them, but they're well rooted healthy plants with a good start already.

I'll try to remember to check this page frequently :)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor