Love it when this Cati Blooms, the Bloom only last for one night
    but when it Blooms it's worth the wait

Elizabeth

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

not A Brug, but just as Sweet

Elizabeth

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    10 years ago

Ahh I love your little bunnies. Ours just had some babies. I have lion head and netherland dwarf mixes. This year one momma had 3 little white ones and one has the long angora hair and lion head mane. He/she's so cute!!

Another female just had 6 babies and one is blue (gray) just like my original lion head male (pictured). I am excited to see how he/she turns out. This last batch doesn't even have their eyes open yet.
    {{gwi:448153}}

Our blue lionhead male

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SJN
    That is one Pretty Bunny, mine are wild, my DD saved them from the mower, I just can't think of a safe place to turn them loose
    so I guess they will stay with me awhile longer.
    Congratulations on your new Babies

Elizabeth

• plantmasterm
    10 years ago

Elizabeth is that the name of that Brug? Because I believe that is the same one I have, if so thank you for posting it

Marion

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Marion
    Yes that's the name of the Brug, it's a JT Session Creation, he also Crossed a couple Brugs to make Kaitlyn.
    you're so very Welcome

Elizabeth

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

This is what they're Looking Like now, as I am digging, Potting up
    getting them Ready for Winter storage

Elizabeth

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

More Potted Brugs, there are a lot more

Elizabeth

• monet_g
    10 years ago

That's a big job for you, Elizabeth. I can see why you start now.
    Do you trim them back at the top above the Y?

Gail

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Gail
    I have one that is a Monster, it took me nearly an Hour to get it out of the Ground. I had to really trim it Back.
    Yes I do Trim it Back to the Y, as soon as I get all of them Trimmed, I'll post a Pic, so you can see, I also Trim off the Leaves

Elizabeth

10 years ago

A lot of ours get 12 FT +. Luckily I don't have to dig them up here but I do dig up some of them and put them into pots in the GH for the winter especially if they have seedpods on them that I want to save. I am in a zn 9a so sometimes it freezes everything back and sometimes it doesn't so I never know lol.

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SJN
    you should have seen, the one I dug out Earlier today, I pushed, Pulled, finally Had to Bring out the Water hose to soak it down really well, then, I got it out of the Ground, Now I only have 19
    then I am Done Yippee.
    you're Really Lucky or Smart or Both, that you don't have to Dig many

Elizabeth

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Karoline Blooming Again

Elizabeth

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

also my Plummie

Elizabeth

10 years ago

That does sound like quite a job. I used to cut mine way back when I lived in zone 3 and a few other colder places than I do now. I didn't try and get pods on them back then though, so I could trim them quite a bit.

Your plumie is beautiful and so is your cactus flower!

All my plumies except for 3 seedlings got so huge this year that I really don't know what I am going to do with them this winter because they def. aren't hardy here.
    I sink their pots in the ground and most are over 8 ft and spread about 6ft. or more now.
    Some got so heavy they started breaking branches because we have had almost 39 inches of rain so far which is way more than normal so they kinda went nuts lol. I had them around 5-6 ft last year but they weren't as bushy so easier to store. I guess I will have to start whacking them back pretty soon grrr.

Do you still have your wild little bunnies? It was so lucky for them that your dd saved them.

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

SJN
    Thank you, Yes I still have the Bunny's I will keep them until next Spring
    WOW, your Plummies sure were Huge.
    I have more than the one, they just haven't Bloomed yet.I now know why some people leave their Tropical"s, in Huge Flower
    Pots.
    Elizabeth

• carrie751
    10 years ago

It is reassuring that yours haven't all bloomed as yet. I was beginning to wonder what is wrong with mine. They are usually blooming by now, but I don't see a bloom on any of them.............not even the one that is inground. This is my first year to try one inground, I have a friend in Southeast Texas who grows hers inground, pulls or digs them each fall and hangs them upside down in her garage of greenhouse until next Spring I have never done this, but if it works for her, why not for me???

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    10 years ago

carrie751
    my Biggest one Bloomed Earlier, but I still have a couple that hasn't Bloomed Yet, I think they needed more Fertilizer than I gave them, I tried that upside down with a couple other plants, they just dried up so I'll keep mine in Pots
    if it works that's Great

Elizabeth

• carrie751
    10 years ago

I will keep all but this one in containers as well......LOL> I actually fertilized mine more this year and thought that to be the problem.

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz