Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
trigger_m

Fresh Mystic Morning Pics-

trigger_m
17 years ago

Here's some pics from My Mystic morning...awesome color and tube style bloom....

{{gwi:553080}}

Here's another shot-

{{gwi:553081}}

Comments (29)

• tommysmommy
    17 years ago

Ooooooooo! Now, could you take your name out of the middle of the flower so we can really enjoy the photo (:
    Great color, is it fully developed or will it deepen more?

• chena
    16 years ago

Here is another one for your wish list!!LOL

• chena
    16 years ago

Here is another one for your wish list!!LOL

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

Hey Chena: You talkin' ta me? Huh, Huh? Yeah you've got my number. Another Brug to chase after! lol ;0) Gloria

• eloise_ca
    16 years ago

That is a beauty! Thanks.

Here's the plan: When Gloria buys her brug, then she will take a cutting and send it to me. When my brug grows, then I will send a cutting to one of you. How does that sounds? LOL! Eloise

• gottahosta
    16 years ago

Just to add a little fuel to the fire of brug lust-

{{gwi:529063}}

This one starts out with white and pink blossoms by the next day, so it looks really interesting and the pink is a GOOD pink!!

Brenda

BTW, some confusion about the name- this may be better known as Misti Morning! Or Mysti Morning.

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    16 years ago

Bren, that is beautiful! Is that a versicolor?-reminds me of Ecuador pink.

• karyn1
    16 years ago

They are both very pretty. I take it that Mystic Morning and Mysti Morning are two different plants? I have some seeds from a BGI member that are Mysti Morning crosses (Misti Morn x Creamsickle & Mysti Morn x Maya) and I assumed that they were Mystic Morning. See what happens when I assume. lol
    Karyn

• daniellalell
    16 years ago

So pretty! Is it spring yet???

• shortyhead
    16 years ago

brug lust is RIGHT !! Where does one get this brug?

Jim

• gottahosta
    16 years ago

Karyn- The confusion continues!! Let's ask Mark/Trigger!

Shorty- Mark gave me this plant last Spring and what a beauty! I don't know if I have any x-tra cuttings of this one or not!

Brenda B

• karyn1
    16 years ago

Is your plant a cutting taken from Mark's? They don't look like the same flower. The shape looks different. I have had a Creamsickle from a cutting that grew to look quite different then the plant I took it from but I think it was due to environmental factors.
    Karyn

• gottahosta
    16 years ago

Wow, Karen

I don't know, and yes, I did get this from a cutting from Mark. I never looked at the photos of "ours" side by side!

Here is a close-up taken the same day- ignore the name!

{{gwi:529102}}

Brenda B

• trigger_m
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Wow-this thread came back to life....This was one of my fav brugs from 2006-and unfortunatly it did not come back from the roots this last spring-so I missed seeing it bloom.But,I've got a pot in the greenhouse with several Mystic morning cuttings that somehow survived the summer,let me know who all wants one-and I'll see how many healthy ones I've got.I try to be very carefull with names-and this one was indeed called Mystic Morning when I got it.Mark

• chena
    16 years ago

BUMP! I am bumping this up so I can Thank Miss Bonnie for the wonderful cuttings I just recieved.. I am VERY Happy..LOL Thank You so much!!! This is one I don't have and I am looking forward to seeing it in full bloom!!!
    HUGGZZZ!!!
    Kylie

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

I got 2 small cuttings of either Mystic Morning or Misty morning not sure. Thats the ones I thought were dead and almost tossed when I saw the tiniest root starting so I put them back and sure enough I am just starting to get leaves and this was some of the first cuttings I got. It took them forever to root like as in since last fall!

• gee8ch
    16 years ago

KYLIE & F4F: Ahh! Mystic Morning... Hmm ... got cuttings, eh? Do we see trades coming for next year? Huh? Huh? (grin) Gloria

• chena
    16 years ago

Of course Miss G!!! Kylie

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

Sure thing if I can ever get mine to grow, lol. They are about 3 inches tall after what about 6 months, lol. I need to find out which they are also.

• bonnie12210
    16 years ago

Kylie,you are welcome I hope you enjoy them as much as I have they have a very unique scent,and oh so pretty.
    Brenda B is that picture you posted what you sent me? If it is yahhhhh hoooooo,Thanks a bunches,they are doing real good so far,but they are calling for us to have some 38-36 degree weather 2 or 3 days,I think starting sunday night,I guess I will be dressing mine in black gardeners plastic for the nights,are you gonna have the cold weather too?
    Bonnie

• threas
    16 years ago

I might be slow on the uptake, but I'm still confused!?! lol Whatever the name, it is beautiful. I hope mine looks like that, it was labeled "MISTI MORNING"
    Theresa

• fernzilla
    16 years ago

Hello to ya'll

I was just wondering if anybody's Brug's in my area were coming back from the ground? I am in Memphis and I have two Peaches N Cream planted in the ground. One was from the year before last, and it came back from the roots to about two feet tall,before the heat over 100 in July killed it. The other I planted in the ground last Spring. It got about 4 feet tall and about 5 feet wide and by end of September was covered in blooms. I cut it back to about 18 inches just before the frist hard frost, and mulched it about 10 inches deep with pine straw. I am watching every day to see if there is any sign of growth. I am wondering should i get any more plants this year or wait for this to sprout if ever.

• chena
    16 years ago

Hey! and Welcome!! I don't have P&C.. But our Z's are about the same..I had 8 come back this yr from cutting back and no mulch so there is a good chance it just hasn't come up yet.. Good Luck! I look forward to seeing you around!
    Kylie

• gottahosta
    16 years ago

Fernz

Welcome, and Kylie is right, some are slower to emerge. And the temp of the soil has alot to do with when they come up. Aren't you getting the cold coming in tonight? I have yet to pull back my mulch, so mine are probably just sitting there, waiting for some warmth. I'm not in that big a hurry. I have lots of brugs in pots that are setting buds, including the green-eyed orange. Hope it does well this year!

Bonnie, yep, we are getting it, close to or right at freezing for three nights, Monday nite being the worst. I'll be spending the afternoon bringing all my potted plants into the garage.

Mark and I sold some brugs at the Hall County Master Gardener Plant Expo on Friday and Saturday. April/dirt_under_my_nails stopped by on Friday but we were so covered up (busy), she just got a chance to say hi!! Look forward to us three having lunch together soon! We did real good at the Expo and had a great time. Lots more folks in our area have some nice brugs to enjoy this summer.

Brenda

• sibhskylvr
    16 years ago

Mark

Do you ever have seed pods of your varieties? Any open-pollinated ones? I'd be interested in some if you do. Any would be good to try! Maybe something new & exciting could grace our presence! lol! Please shoot me an email if you happen to have any. And the six brugs I received from you are going STRONG!! :) Yay! "Adeline' is shooting through the roof! lol!

Mike

• grrrnthumb
    16 years ago

Just to clear up some naming confusion, 'Mysti Morning' is the correct name for a pink single hybrid by Eric Knight in 2004. It does look just like the initial photos in this thread.
    'Mystic' is an apricot/white single by Brenda Delph also in 2004, but it looks nothing like any of these photos.
    Mystic Morning, Misti Morning, Misti Morn,and Mysti Morn are all, I believe, either invalid names or abbreviations for 'Mystic Morning'. :^)
    - Tom

• gottahosta
    16 years ago

Thanks, Tom, I got the same information from someone else, perhaps on BGI forums, last year!

Brenda B

• trigger_m
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Hi Mike-great to hear your plants are doing great!My Adeline's are also growing like Crazy.We are under a frost warning tonight,maybe this will be the last this year.My plants are screaming to be planted out in the ground.I have had seedpods in the past,and they were all open pollinated.I really haven't tried my hand at hybridizing.But seeing what Brenda B has come up with,it's tempting!Her Plants really are amazing.I just do So many brugs already,That I don't really have the time to do any hybridizing.At present I contain myself to trialing other's brug creations.My Greenhouse gets so packed as is...Although I've considered adding another 20 feet to it!!!Mark

• fool4flowers
    16 years ago

I got mine from someone on here as a postage offer from one of the first people that sent me some. I only remember that it came from florida. I thought the tag said Mystic morning but when I wrote her about it she said do you mean Mysti morning so I will have to go back and see if I can find the offer and the names she posted. I have 2 and one is just starting to grow the other has one leaf started but it looks like its shriveling up already. I dont know what to do with it.