Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pelagikos14

Pink Brug bloom emerging green?

pelagikos14
13 years ago

Hey ya'll. I have my 1st brug bloom emerging. I'm new to this plant this year & I'm confused! The bloom is coming out lemon-lime green.... It was marked pink. I understand that the blooms can & do change color. But was curious to see if any of you long-timers could tell me if this looks like a possible 'pink', OR is it just too early to know?

Thanks so much!

Holly

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53248659@N08/4949

Comments (10)

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Hi Holly-
    For some reason I couldn't access your photo.
    But it sounds like your flower is normal to me. Mine do that too, then the next few days they turn to their right color. I think they are beautiful at every stage. Below are a few photos to show you what I mean- this is a young Dola bloom- I can't find a mature blossom photo at this time to show you how dark it gets.I do have a photo of it in a former post. Hope that helps!
    kasha77
    {{gwi:553553}}
    {{gwi:539376}}

{{gwi:553554}}

• karyn1
    13 years ago

That's not unusual at all. It might be fully open with the greenish color for a day before it starts pinking up. Congrats on your 1st bloom.

• pelagikos14
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Kasha! I'm reposting the pic. Thank you for the photos. The first one is almost identical to the color I described. That is reassuring to me. I also like all the colors in brugmansias I've see, but wanted a pink. ;) You're pics are beautiful! And Karyn, thanks again for your info. I love GW! Such nice, helpful people here! :D

Here is a link that might be useful: pink brug bloom?

• pelagikos14
    Original Author
    13 years ago

It opened tonight!!! The smell is OTHERWORLDLY! I can't even begin to describe the scent, maybe lemony fading to Gardenia? I just love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Day 3 Pink Noid brug bloom. YAYYyyYyyy!

• kasha77
    13 years ago

Great! So happy for you! Sounds heavenly! Must be a keeper!
    kasha77

• threas
    13 years ago

Congratulations! I remember my first brug bloom!!! you would have thought I had a baby!LOL

Theresa

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Did it pink up? That's a nice looking yellow, I would be happy to have a plant that bloomed yellow like that.

• pelagikos14
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Actually no! But it's beautiful anyway. :D I have several new blooms now & they start out the gorgeous yellow & then blush a fantastic peachy yellow that reminds me of a tequila sunrise color. Its just lovely. I have 2 rooted cuttings that I'll share if someone can tell me how to ship them.... For I haven't a clue. Lol

Here is a link that might be useful: pink noid not really pink!

• threas
    13 years ago

That's beautiful! Congratulations!
    To mail out cuttings, I wrap moist paper towel around the bottom and then use plastic wrap, then you could wrap in newspaper and put in a box and get it weighed to ship priority. It's usually cheaper than the flat rate boxes from the post office, unless the contents are really heavy.

Theresa

• pelagikos14
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks for the information Theresa! :D Glad to know it can be that simple. Now maybe I will go on over to the proper forum & list the cuttings. I also wanted to post that I may be finally able to end this thread, as I have over twenty blooms now & they are all NOT PINK, LOL! But alas I am left with a gorgeous NOID & I'm satisfied with that.

**Side note : With all these fragrant night-time blooms we had a really neat visitor last night. My husband thought it was a hummingbird, but upon research I discovered it was the LARGEST Sphinx moth I've ever seen. Just Awesome.
    I will try to post pix if it returns this evening!