Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Please, no early frost.

Posted by rmbill 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 18:55

I just went thru my Brugs and counted 28 with buds. About a half dozen with thier first buds and the rest with massive flushes coming. I am hoping that Mother nature doesn't get me with an early frost. I should have at least another month but you never know here in Michigan. I want to take pictures of those that I lost the tags for so, at least, I will be able to say what the flowers look like to those I send cuttings to. I'm getting kind of excited about the big flushes. I may never have another year this good so I want pictures. As bad as the weather was for so many people, it is too bad I can't share the wealth. Well, I guess I kinda sorta am with the cuttings.
Bill

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Please, no early frost.

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 19:45

POST Those pic's!!!
I know I want to see!!!! I am so Happy you are having such a Wonderful yr!!!!

Kylie

o

Good luck, Bill.

o

We haven't gotten frost yet here in Black Hawk SD but it has been chilly the last two nights. Hopefully you don't get frost Bill, I too want to see your lovelies! :)

~Tina

o

I'm hoping the same thing. In an average year I should have another 4-6 weeks before a killing frost, but we haven't had an average year in a long time. Good luck to both of us.

o

I have been thinking the exact same thing

Please no frost

The gardens, not only Burgmansia, looks so good.
Was quite cold this morning maybe 40's .
Gets one to worry

Yes, Bill love to see some photos

Growing Brugmansia, is exciting, especially, as you mentioned, having a good year and so far up north

o

Diane, Where is your house in Florida? I see some here from Florida that have blossoms in early spring. I hope that works for you. I have a pretty good selection for you. I'll be wanting to see some pictures come spring.
Bill

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 12:12

I am fanning the doors sending some of this heat ya'lls
way!!! ;0)

Kylie

o

It didn't make it's way this far north Kyle LoL It was a bit chilly, then foggy, then rainy! Oy! Oh and Wed. we had frost! So I am glad I brought my brugs in. :)

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here