Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my brugs

Posted by kathi_mdgd 9 S.Ca (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 15, 12 at 19:13

Hi let me introduce myself.The name is Kathi,i live in a very hot and dry today S.Ca,along the coast.

I've been a GW member since 1999,i hang out mostly at the cottage gardens,cactus & succulent,kitchen table and several other places.I drop in here once i awhile,can't remember if i ever posted here or not.

Anyway,here's a brug a friend gave me a little over a month ago,at her house all the blooms were yellow,but as you can see at my house i have peach and a creamy white on the same plant,havn't seen a yellow one yet here at my house,
I also have a pink one on another part of the yard.

brug

brug-1 plant 2 different colors so far, The mother plant had yellow flowers-go figure

kathi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my brugs

That's a pretty one! I have one like that, too. I think it's dependent upon temps to some degree, or amount of sun, or soil, your guess is as good as mine!

o

Hi Kathi and Welcome! You have a real beauty there. Is is fragrant at night? Don't know why yours is different than hers. If she gave you a cutting, it should've remained true to the parent stock. Unless she gave you a completely different plant and didn't know it! Anyway- I'm sure you're enjoying it!

o

It seems to me that California offers some of the most perfect conditions for growing Brugmansia

For growing most anything actually.

o

Hi Kathi! Glad to have you here :-). BEAUTIFUL pictures! I think it's cool that you have 2 different colors on the same plant. Congrats on your blooms!

o

The bloom on my brug first comes out white, but then changes to a salmon color

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here