Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

OT!! Okay another OT

chena
12 years ago

With the Holidays coming up.. Tina was talking about how much she loved her Coffee.. I have a couple of Family Members who LOOOOOOVE their Coffee!! I don't do the caffeine thing..(not by choice BUT??) What is your Fav and where do you get it?????

I think this is the kinds of gift that would make them do the dance!!

Kylie

Comments (4)

• Ament
    12 years ago

Kona Coffee is excellent Kylie, Most excellent coffee. I learned that while in Hawai'i. Also you might want to find out what each relative prefers for a coffee. All types of coffees out there.

In fact, depending upon prices, you can spend hundreds on half a pound. ;) I've never tasted this coffee but it's said to be extremely flavorful, without the acid. The bean is processed through the intestinal tract of a creature, Um, deposited out the other end, cleaned up and processed normally. Not my idea preference for a way to produce coffee beans. LoL

Light Medium and Dark coffees are to be had, also you can purchase flavored coffees too. I prefer a Dark/Bold coffee with low acid content. So I normally drink Folgers Black Silk. Kona is great for holidays and such but too spendy for every day drinking.

~Tina

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I drink a lot of coffee, 6-8 cups a day. The caffeine doesn't effect me. I can drink espresso right before bed.

If going by what's locally available I like whole bean Green Mountain and Mayorga medium roasts. I also like roasting my own beans and get green coffee from Sweet Maria's. I use a hot air popcorn popper to roast the beans. It's a lot of trial and error till you get just the right roast but when you finally get it the coffee is very good. The downside is the smell if you happen to burn a batch of beans and the chaff from the beans fills the air.

I always use a French press unless we have company and more then a few people want coffee.

Tina civet coffee (poo beans) is one of the best I've ever tasted, extremely smooth and flavorful with absolutely no bitterness. If I could afford it I'd buy it but it's way out of my price range. A friend gave me a small bag.

The best coffee I've ever had is in Europe and I don't think it has as much to do with the beans as the preparation.

I usually drink regular coffee but occasionally drink espresso, latte's and cappuccino but I can't stand flavored coffee, blech!

Here is a link that might be useful: Sweet Maria's Coffee

• Ament
    12 years ago

Oo Karyn! I wish I could afford Civet coffee! LoL I watched a show about coffee because I absolutely -love- my coffee. *g* However that is way out of budget. So I'll just dream about such a cuppa joe.

We have local coffee here too, in the Black Hills. I just haven't bothered with it. I just stick to the low acid Black Silk usually. When I do buy beans I buy whole already prepared ones as I wouldn't be able to afford the trial and error of learning to cook them properly. :D

I do have an espresso machine and can make latte's and the like, which I do sometimes. Sensitive stomach makes it so I have to be wary of how much acid intake I endure in regards to coffee but I'm right up there with you in the 8 cups a day, even right up to bed time. LoL I did bookmark the website you linked for everyone Karyn. For future use. I'll try to get some green beans and give it a shot. :)

~Tina

• chena
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Ethiopian Coffee is probably the best I have ever had ..WHEN I could..LOL Thanks for the input and the link!!! I so soooo wanted a cup of coffee this morning!!!

Kylie

Sponsored
Craftsman Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars25 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Home Builder 3x Best of Houzz Award Winner