Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
NOID yellow brugmansia in bloom

Posted by mnwsgal 4 Henn MN (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 16, 10 at 19:30

My yellow brugmansia has stayed quite short, between 3-4 ft.
With the cooler weather the flowers have lasted for several days and continue to open. I counted over 20 buds and am delighted with the bloom and the fragrance.

NOID Brugmansia

There is a taller (6ft+) pink brug in the background. Though they are very close and have gotten the same sun exposure and watering and fertilizing it still has no buds. Last year (potted) its first bloom was in early October.

I have another pink in a pot on the back patio which has had three blossoms several times. It is putting out more buds again.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: NOID yellow brugmansia in bloom

Very nice brug. Do you plan on digging it up for the winter?

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 11:18

Very nice and healthy looking! Love the color!!

Kylie

o

Congrats on your blooms! I like the shape of your yellow brug.

o

Very pretty!

o

That's really pretty. Such a nice flush of blooms before it gets too cold there.

Did you remove the lower leaves to let the blooms stand out more? Is this how you get that look?

--Shirley

o

Thank you all for your comments.

Yes, I will dig it up and take it in for the winter, will let it go dormant in my cool dark basement.

Yes, Shirley, I removed some lower leaves as the buds were filling out. There weren't many to remove as I had pruned leaves off throughout the summer to give the tree effect.

o

Thanks, I'm still a newbie with each step of this.

I just got the first big flush on my yellow noid and realized it's hard to see the blooms the way yours look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here