Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT Moon Flower

Posted by rmbill 6a (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 13, 11 at 19:57

This is my very first Moonflower ever. I didn't know they were so big and pretty. It smells really good, too. I have other buds coming also. I'm going to love it.
Bill

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT Moon Flower

I absolutely love moon flowers, just real hard to find seed here so I haven't grown any in quite awhile now. So beautiful! I prefer them over morning glories as I'm more of a night owl than an early bird and get to enjoy the night/evening bloomers better. :D

~Tina

o

Been growing them for over 30 yrs. Their scent is awesome. 1 seed pod will yield at least 75 plants.
Jerry

o

Jerry you are confusing Ipomoea alba (pictured) with a datura. I. alba pods only produce an average of 4 seeds. They are a type of morning glory.

Bill I love Moonflower vines but get late blooms, around Aug., even when I start them early inside. I have wintered them over under HID lights and they do really well. With a vine that I've wintered over I can get blooms almost as soon as it's back outside in the spring.

o

Karyn, I'm glad you told me about the wintering over thing. I thought this would never blossom. It is getting nice buds now but the year is almost over. I'll be trying that.
Bill

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 11:44

I love Moon Vines!! I have only grown the Pink!!!

Kylie

Photobucket

o

Really pretty Bill,
I love them too and plant them every year, thats a pretty
pink one Kylie.

Karen

o

Oh that is so pretty! I love the pink! I've some moonflower seeds, but not the normal moonflower that are like morning glories, so I guess they are these. Someone sent them to me with other seeds and I've no idea what color they are. I guess I'll find out this next season! :)

~Tina

o

WOW Kylie. Save me a couple of seeds. Beautiful flower.
Bill

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 14, 11 at 16:58

Bill did I not send you some?? If Not I will for sure!!!

Kylie

o

I just love how generous you folks are. I'm so glad I joined GW. I've never enjoyed such friendly folks anywhere else! :)

~Tina

o

Kylie, You sure did. I'm going to have so much fun with these seeds.
Bill

o

Beautiful photo. I love the scent. Smells like a really nice shampoo lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here