Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New to forum, white Brug not blooming

Posted by cece_virginia Virginia (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 13, 10 at 21:25

I'm a Brug obsessive (too), for several years now, since seeing one while visiting my hometown in Alabama. I took seeds back to Northern Virginia, cuttings, small plants and finally am growing them. Last fall, one of my two whites was stolen from in front of my townhouse (they were in pots). We moved this summer and the remaining white is huge now, but no blooms. It bloomed last year.

I've done everything the same. The pinks are doing very well. Maybe the white is grieving. Who knows? I desperately miss my white blooms. I have only pink this year. A friend in Alabama gave me some cuttings in July from plants that are other colors, but they're too young to bloom this year.

What could be going on with the white? Also, anyone in the D.C. area interested in an exchange? I found a garden with Datura nearby the other day. I'd never seen a single Angel's Trumpet, Brug or Dat, in this area, ever, before that day.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New to forum, white Brug not blooming

Welcome. There's actually a few of us in the area that grow brugs and dats. I'm in Mont Co, MD. The heat has been a problem, causing a lot of bud drop and just no buds forming. Hopefully now that it's beginning to cool down we'll see more blooms.

o
RE: New to forum, white Brug not blooming

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 14, 10 at 13:40

Welcome!!! I am in Texas and it has been hotter than Habanero's all yr long... just now hitting mid 90's.. The blooms are starting to come and hopefully yours will as well.. Crazy Yr!!! ;0)

Kylie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here