Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Checking In

Posted by vissara 8 OR (My Page) on
Sun, Sep 18, 11 at 21:49

As some of you know I planted my first brugs from cuttings from Kasha77 this spring.

Our spring remained cold and wet into early July so growth was poor. Four of the eight survived the weather and my ignorance however.

These shot up in August and are now forming buds...pictures will be forthcoming if they bloom before I have to start winter-prepping the bed

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Checking In

Vissara-
Sorry you had a rough start this spring- I think all of our brugs have suffered this growing season. Just now my beauties are turning a luscious dark green and are on their second flush of flowers. My brugs languished in the 90 - 105 temps all summer, with very little rain fall, and what made it worse- I didn't have any mulch that would keep their roots cool and conserve moisture and hand watering. I have learned more from my mistakes than anything else! :)Please share your photos with us and take heart- next year will be better as your brugs grow bigger and stronger. They will be able to withstand adverse conditions much better than when they were small. We'd love to see some photos! :)

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 13:04

Hey Nice to see ya!! YES photo's Please.. this has been a rough yr here in Texas as well..

Kylie

o

ok, photos of plants that aren't blooming yet. And I am certainly not blaming the plants pretty well everything underperformed this year (making it a great choice for starting a tropical-themed bed!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Tue, Sep 20, 11 at 17:04

I think they look really healthy!!!!! CONGRATS
Your are off to a great start!!!!! Thanks for the pic's ;0)

Kylie

o

I have no idea why that one in the 2nd picture decided to grow sideways out over the patio instead of up. It didn't get knocked over or anything and has the same sun exposure as the others.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here