Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maile_2010

Misc pics to share

maile_2010
12 years ago

Check these out!{{gwi:557636}}{{gwi:557637}}{{gwi:557638}}{{gwi:557639}}{{gwi:557640}}{{gwi:557641}}{{gwi:557643}}{{gwi:557644}}{{gwi:557646}}{{gwi:557648}}{{gwi:557650}}{{gwi:557652}}{{gwi:557646}}{{gwi:557654}}{{gwi:557656}}{{gwi:557658}}

Comments (8)

• rmbill
    12 years ago

Jerry, Everything looks absolutely LUSH. Very nice. Keep the pictures coming.
    Bill

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Fun stuff! That iochroma is cool, pretty!

• Ament
    12 years ago

Yikes! Ghost Chili peppers! LoL I love the Yellow Datura though, You have a lovely garden. Thank you for sharing. :)

~Tina

• karyn1
    12 years ago

The hedge of hostas look great in bloom. Mine have been spent for quite a while. The iochroma and yellow dat blooms are nice.

• chena
    12 years ago

WOW!!! Everything looks Beautiful.. That Iochroma is a very happy plant!!!! I have heard the tales of the ghost peppers.. So give me the story.... If you come up with an extra seed or two I would love to give them a try... I LIKE it HOT!!!!!!

Kylie

• Ament
    12 years ago

Kyle, those bad boys are extremely hot. I honestly do not know of a hotter pepper. I too would love to grow some, but not for myself to eat. A pal that works with my husband in the EOD shop out on Ellsworth AFB *loves* extremely hot foods. So I am going to try and get some to grow and gift to him -maybe- if I can get some seeds. Ghost peppers can get down right nasty hot. Phil made some extremely hot chili and won a chili contest with his chili. He only used a small pinch of ghost peppers. So yeah... Hot, Hot, HOT! Personally I much prefer flavorful chili over burning hot chili. But to each their own eh? LoL

~Tina

• maile_2010
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Kayrn,
    Surprised you didn't notice your 'Daydream' x 'Emerald Frost' Brug. I have 6 of them growing that are 36" tall. Didn't 'Y' this year so no blooms, next year for sure.
    The flowering Hosta's are all 'Aphrodites', one of the only fragrant flowering hostas. Planted them there by the deck for their fragrance. Just awesome fragrance for 2 and 1/2 weeks. Very sweet. Lots of compliments.

KYLIE,
    I purchased 1/2 ounce of whole Ghost Pepper and 1/2 ounce of ground Ghost Pepper from http://www.bhut-jolokia.net/Oven_Dried_combo.html. I believe they are in San Antonio, Texas. Anyway, you can order a lot of hot peppers from these people.BE CAREFUL. USE IN MODERATION. I mix these peppers in my home made insectacidal soap for insect and animal control(deer, turkeys, dogs, cats and all other critters.
    TINA,
    Yes they are extremely hot but Trinidad Scorpian and Red Sabina Habanero are the hottest in the world. Over 1.2 million scolville units. HOT HOT HOT.

Bill,
    I have a lot of small blooms on my brugs and don't think I have enough of a growing season left for them to develop. Could have our first frost by 9-21-2011.
    There is always next year when I retire around April.
    Jerry

• Ament
    12 years ago

Yikes! That's way too much hot Jerry. How can anyone even taste anything behind the hot? LoL I cannot handle too much chili powder much less that kind of hot. Haha!

~Tina

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz