Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Misc pics to share

Posted by maile-2010 4 Central MN (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 22:09

Check these out!Hawain GingerElephant EarsIochromaElephant EarsIochromaGhost PepperAmaranthAmaranthTriple Yellow DaturaKahili-Green KawaiKalihiTriple Yellow DaturaTriple Yellow DaturaGuest-Tree FrogDaydreams x Emerald Frost BrugWild ThingNHDP leaveRosa Traum BrugSuaveolen's White BrugJamaican Yellow BrugJamaican Yellow leafPink Perfektion BrugGurney's Noid BrugPink PerfectionBrug Forest

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Misc pics to share

Jerry, Everything looks absolutely LUSH. Very nice. Keep the pictures coming.
Bill

o

Fun stuff! That iochroma is cool, pretty!

o

Yikes! Ghost Chili peppers! LoL I love the Yellow Datura though, You have a lovely garden. Thank you for sharing. :)

~Tina

o

The hedge of hostas look great in bloom. Mine have been spent for quite a while. The iochroma and yellow dat blooms are nice.

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Wed, Sep 7, 11 at 14:50

WOW!!! Everything looks Beautiful.. That Iochroma is a very happy plant!!!! I have heard the tales of the ghost peppers.. So give me the story.... If you come up with an extra seed or two I would love to give them a try... I LIKE it HOT!!!!!!

Kylie

o

Kyle, those bad boys are extremely hot. I honestly do not know of a hotter pepper. I too would love to grow some, but not for myself to eat. A pal that works with my husband in the EOD shop out on Ellsworth AFB *loves* extremely hot foods. So I am going to try and get some to grow and gift to him -maybe- if I can get some seeds. Ghost peppers can get down right nasty hot. Phil made some extremely hot chili and won a chili contest with his chili. He only used a small pinch of ghost peppers. So yeah... Hot, Hot, HOT! Personally I much prefer flavorful chili over burning hot chili. But to each their own eh? LoL

~Tina

o

Kayrn,
Surprised you didn't notice your 'Daydream' x 'Emerald Frost' Brug. I have 6 of them growing that are 36" tall. Didn't 'Y' this year so no blooms, next year for sure.
The flowering Hosta's are all 'Aphrodites', one of the only fragrant flowering hostas. Planted them there by the deck for their fragrance. Just awesome fragrance for 2 and 1/2 weeks. Very sweet. Lots of compliments.

KYLIE,
I purchased 1/2 ounce of whole Ghost Pepper and 1/2 ounce of ground Ghost Pepper from http://www.bhut-jolokia.net/Oven_Dried_combo.html. I believe they are in San Antonio, Texas. Anyway, you can order a lot of hot peppers from these people.BE CAREFUL. USE IN MODERATION. I mix these peppers in my home made insectacidal soap for insect and animal control(deer, turkeys, dogs, cats and all other critters.
TINA,
Yes they are extremely hot but Trinidad Scorpian and Red Sabina Habanero are the hottest in the world. Over 1.2 million scolville units. HOT HOT HOT.

Bill,
I have a lot of small blooms on my brugs and don't think I have enough of a growing season left for them to develop. Could have our first frost by 9-21-2011.
There is always next year when I retire around April.
Jerry

o

Yikes! That's way too much hot Jerry. How can anyone even taste anything behind the hot? LoL I cannot handle too much chili powder much less that kind of hot. Haha!

~Tina

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here