Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
blackcurrant swirl metel

Posted by whiteeaglesue louuisiana (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 28, 12 at 23:40

i was suppose to have a blackcurrant and it bloomed tonite and it is single and only a slight tinge of purple around the edges is this normal and will it have double dark purple blooms or did i get a mishap thank you this is my first one and i was so disapointed when i saw the bloom open up thanks for any info

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: blackcurrant swirl metel

I had some seed of Blackcurrant swirl last year and was very disappointed. I had grown double purple in the past, but was enticed by the photos of Blackcurrant swirl, so I had to try it. From most of the photos it look like purple and white perfectly blended together, however, mine were not so perfectly blended (as you said, they were only tinged with purple).

Now, I started them late, so I really didn't get that many blooms and there seems to be some variation even with my double purples. I went back to double purple this year, but I have been considering trying it again. Hopefully someone on this board has had good luck with them because, until then, I am in the same boat as you, disappointed

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Oct 22, 12 at 22:09

I'm growing it this year from seeds I saved a few years ago, and it seemed to be a lighter color when it first started blooming. Seems to be getting a bit darker color now.

o

• Posted by ruthz 8a dfw texas (My Page) on
    Fri, Oct 26, 12 at 23:34

Here is pictures I took yesterday.
It's the same datura that was very pale and looked like it had crossed with my yellow one when it first started blooming a few months ago. I love the color now.
I grew this one from seeds I had labeled patio datura from a few years ago.
I believe those seeds were traded to me as Black Current Swirl.
So, give it a chance and maybe the color will get better.
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

Very pretty!

Lonnie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here