{{gwi:559764}}

{{gwi:559765}}

{{gwi:559766}}

{{gwi:559767}}

{{gwi:559768}}

{{gwi:559769}}

{{gwi:559771}}

{{gwi:559773}}

A few other wierd things from the last few days.

{{gwi:559774}}

{{gwi:559775}}

{{gwi:559776}}

{{gwi:559777}}

{{gwi:559779}}

Comments (13)

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Lost most of my tags and this is the first time a lot of these have bloomed. Only know the names of a few of them. John download these into his photobucket and I didn't have them on my computer so hope you can see them.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Wow Kristy, your brugs all look amazing! I believe everything is delayed because of the way the weather changed, i.e., plants blooming later, my gophers are more active now where in the past it was around June (hate those rats), we had 'June' gloom in July and August, etc., etc. Hope this delay gives you all in colder weather enough time to enjoy the blooms and get your plants in for the winter, although I see you already have yours in your GH.

• chena
    13 years ago

Kristy...That dark pink is NICE! What is the dbl pink??
    OMG!! Did John freak over the snake and spider..LOL

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I still have about 15 more outside and not to mention the tropicals, lol. Hope it doesn't freeze so early again this year. The double pink is Pink Perfektion. It finally got a couple of normal blooms. They are usually pretty deformed. We all freaked over the snake and spider, lol. Sean my son is here and he yanked the snake out of the pond, lol. I thought John was going to crap but he got to deal with the tarantula. Makes me not want to go outside, lol.

• princealbert
    13 years ago

kristy/john
    what color is the plumie in the dune buggy?
    pa

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Kristy, your brugmansia look great. Are the ones outside blooming yet? Mine are not blooming at the coast. I have bad news for you. We have more acorns on our trees this year than last year. I was told last year, that we would have a very hard winter, because of all the acorns. I did not listen, I thought since we only had 7 minutes of freezing weather at the coast in the past 15 years, I had nothing to worry about. In Dec we had feezing weather for 3 days. Darn, those acorns. This year, I plan to start digging at the end of November. Barbra

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

What a cool structure you have for keeping your brugs! I would so love to have a greenhouse for yearround cultivation but my property is not conducive. I loved seeing your plants and flowers and critters!

• karyn1
    13 years ago

The brugs look good. Why do you have them in the GH already? Has it cooled down that much? What kind of snake is that? I love the tarantula. The only ones we have here are in pet stores. I think you should put the plumeria in the drivers seat. lol

• fool4flowers
    Original Author
    13 years ago

The plumeria is probably Celedine. I think thats the one it broke off of last year and John took it to the shop. Its white with a yellow eye. Barb we are going to Mustang Island the 16th through the 20th are you going to be at the coast? Don't know how far it is from Rockport. I kept those brugs in there all year and made it a shade house. They bloomed better than most of the outside ones. The pink and orange are on the East side of the house and did well there except for stretching for the sun and growing sideways, lol. The snake is some kind of water snake but non venomous I think. It had round pupils but we thought it was a water moccassin. I saw the difference last night when a real water moccassin kept trying to get in the boat with us. They are stubbier bodied but look similar. Kylie has lots of tarantulas at her house but this is the first one I saw here. They scare me all spiders and snakes, lol.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Kristy, I'll be in Rockport then, its 17 miles from Rockport to Aransas Pass, and then about another 10 miles to Port Aransas over the ferry, and then about 6 miles to Mustang Island, total about 32 miles. We always drive down to Mustang Island when we are down, we like to just listen to the waves, and drink beer. I hope you get to come by. Send me an email if you think you can make it down to Rockport, and I will get with you, and don't forget to bring dirt, I have pots. If you are coming down IH35 to Aransas Pass, and have time, take the Ingelside exit, and drive down the street in front of Lowes, go down about 6 miles and on the left you will run into Johnson's Nursery, she usually has alot of unusual plants, and they may still be marked down. Hope to see you, October is the best month to catch fish at the coast. Gary was just asked to go on a free fishing trip next weekend, but he hurt his shoulder, we have an appt. tomorrow morning with a surgeon, he is hoping the doctor will be able to just give him a shot, and make the pain go away. What a dreamer, he can barely lift his arm. Barbra,

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Wow great pictures Kristy. Mine are blooming sporadically now, still hoping to get pictures of them in full flush before I bring them in.

Barbra, I hope Gary's arm feels better so he can go fishing next weekend.

It appears I'm a little late checking in here. I was surprised to see PA and Barbra had energy to post last night then I realized it's because they unloaded their plants on me (and a few others) at the swap yesterday! We've been busy since yesterday afternoon planting all those new plants and so happy to have them to fill what was a very neglected yard just two years ago.

Shirley

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    13 years ago

Hi Kristy, I love love love your spider!! We have an over population of orb weavers in our yard this year and all the green tree frogs and lizards are disappearing hmmm.

YOur brugs look great. I can't believe it is already freezing where you are. I am so not ready to drag plants around and haven't even set up my greenhouse from when we moved last spring lol. I guess I better get busy.

Is that little sand buggy one of your dh's new projects? Its cute!
    One of my sons has a old vw bus and the other is fixing up a vw bug into a baja. We like old cars around here lol.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Kristy, I didn't remark on the snake and tarantula because I thought they were pets, LOL! I would have crapped on my pants if I found either one in my yard!