Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Is this stranglebrand?

Posted by elkay 6a (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 11:36

Hi, I'm trying to determine what is causing this splitting of the stems on my Dr Seuss Brugmansia.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Is this stranglebrand?

That doesn't look like Stranglebrand. I have an arborea whose stems split like that. I think it might have to do with uneven watering. Stranglebrand begins as a small lesion surrounded by a dark ring. The tissue browns and softens as it spreads. Stranglebrand does seem to affect mainly yellows but I'm almost positive that's not your problem. I had some great pics of the disease but can't find them. Here's a link to an old post showing an infected plant.

Here is a link that might be useful: Brug with Stranglebrand

o

I just love coming here and learning more each day. Not sure what is up with this brug, certainly someone with more knowledge will be able to tell you. But after checking up the suspected disease, this isn't SB. I do know that much. :D

Stengelbrand (Stranglebrand)
An incurable fungal disease of multi-hybrids especially those with suaveolens genetics. Yellow are more susceptible. Discoloration usually starts at leaf scars and includes a black ring. Dispose of plant, pot and soil.

I certainly hope I never run across this particular issue! :/

~Tina

o

• Posted by chena z8 Texas (My Page) on
    Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 15:58

I agree with Karyn.. it just looks stressed..

Kylie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here