Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

BIG Green Monster & Meet Scooter! lol!

sibhskylvr
15 years ago

This 'monster' was eating the 'Pink Plumie' Kristy sent me! Isn't he HUGE?? lol! And meet 'Scooter!' He's lived in the front landscaped part of the house - I guess he's been there forever. He even has his own little 'hibernation!' area which leads under the driveway! lol! I've been feeding him since I moved in & he's getting pretty friendly - though he still does the 'hissssing' thing! And he's a great 'brug-guard!' lol! Have a good day all! Off to work! Rather stay home & play in the yard! :)

Mike

{{gwi:565483}}

{{gwi:565484}}

Big Green Monster! :)

{{gwi:565485}}

{{gwi:565487}}

{{gwi:565489}}

{{gwi:565490}}

Scooter!

{{gwi:565492}}

Scooter's home!

Comments (13)

• karyn1
    15 years ago

Those are great pics. I didn't know swallowtail cats would eat a plumeria. I've never seen them on anything but spicebush & sasafrass or wild black cherry and tulip poplar, depending on the variety of swallowtail. Your box turtle is adorable. Is it the males or females that have red eyes? I bet Daniella would know.
    Karyn

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Oh, how cute he is and that little green worm looks part alligator, lol. Was the plumie cutting I sent you packaged or a cutting from my plant? I had the white one and the pink on mixed up so any cuttings I sent out last winter I cut if it said white its pink and if it said pink its white. So very sorry. I took my friends word for which plant was what color that I got them from and realized what happened after they bloomed. Some cuttings I sent out in the packages from Hawaii. Those were the correct colors.

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

I can not see the pictures. I think now this PC is going down too ..........Oh Secret Santa partner! Guess what is on my wish list?

roflmao

Will reboot this darn thing. And come back later

Lucy

• wildflower
    15 years ago

I can't see either... Waaaahhhhhh.....

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Really cute Scooter! Love the name you gave him/her Mike!

Karen

• tropicgirl
    15 years ago

What a perfect name for your turtle. We don't get turtles around here. Guess you have to be close to water. Thanks for sharing your critters with us.

Deb

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike what happened to the monster after he had dinner and you found him?
    LOVE the turtle.
    I knew if I cam back often enought, the pics might work....YEAH they showed up :-)

Hope you had a great day Mike.

Lucy

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Mike scooter looks like a real GW pet and I love the name you gave him.As for the big green monster ( he is big & plump) LOL

Rigo

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago

Mike, I am glad you have new friends to welcome you to your home even if they are green!!! Loved the pictures!
    Joyce

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

If scooter is a scooterette, I want a baby for Christmas, lol.

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

Cool cat pix..they are both cute! Mike, I would say judging by the pix that you have a female there! Males shells tend to be flatter on top. There are a couple ways to tell makle from female..shell, tail and eyes are the easiest.
    Karyn, The males have the redder eyes.
    I have, what I thiiink is a male. DH brought him home for me early this summer..he is living under the shed I think..Daisy the dog is constantly trying to get at him under there. I had to put up fencing to keep her away. Poor lil guy couldn't live in peace.

{{gwi:565494}}
    {{gwi:514500}}
    {{gwi:565496}}

Thanks for sharing!! Glad you have a resident turtle, thats so cool!

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Daniella your turtle is pretty and so spoiled...I can not afford grapes for myself hahahahaha just kiddin.

I am so glad you all share your pets with us.

Lucy

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

All right. Hope she makes you a grandpa, lol. Daniella I like your turtle too. I buy grapes for the bird but he prefers chicken. He is a canibal, lol.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio