Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
'Mrs. Chambers' Fragrant?

Posted by mattdiclemente z7 New Jersey (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 18, 12 at 13:44

Dear Brug. Ehthusiast friends,

Can any of you comment of the fragrance of this enticing Brugmansia cultivar from personal growing experience. You comments and responses would be much appreciated.
Thank-you!

Sincerely,
Matt
Brick, New Jersey

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 'Mrs. Chambers' Fragrant?

I don't find it very strong,but,it flowers profusely. I've used it in hybridising for its' flowering ability. On a scale of 1 to 10,with 10 being very fragrant,I'd give it a 5,for flowering I'd give it a 8 1/2. A very nice but sort of rarely seen brug.If you have one consider yourself lucky.
Dan

o

I forgot to add a pic of Mrs Chambers in my yard last summer. And this was after I had trimmed it quite a bit.
Dan

o

Don't know what happened to the pic in my last post,will try again

o

Dear Rudy,

Thank-you for your informatiom! Wow, your plant must be the envy of the neighborhood. It reminds me a great dealof 'Cherub' in form and color. Would you agree with the statement that 'Mrs. Chambers' is not a Brugmansia that will scent the yard, but one that you can smell if you are very near the trumpet? Is the scent of 'Mrs.Chambers' more of the sharp citrus, the spicy scent or the sweet scent of other Brugmansias? Thank-you!

Sincerely,
Matt
Brick, New Jersey

o

I lost 70% of my sense of smell and hearing in S E Asia back in 1969,so don't get me wrong,you don't have to stand right next to the plant to smell it,it's just not as strong as say New Orleans Lady,or Charles Gramaldi and such. And to me,its more of the sweet bruggie smell,but then again,my snot locker is not the standard to judge by.
Dan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here