Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ninamora_gw

First timer...fell in love

ninamora
14 years ago

hello everyone,

I am an absolute newbie to Brugs. Actually, I'm a daylily hybridizer. My neighbor has a half hardy deep yellow brug, that grows to 6' every summer and lives in our zone 6/7 garden. I was able to get two hard wood cuttings from her this month. I read how to start them and have them in my greenhouse. Now, just hoping and waiting for beginners luck. I fell in love with this plant. I may just keep them in big pots, as I have little room for anything but my daylilies, but oh this brugmansia is so BEAUTIFUL! I never saw anything like it. There were dozens of blooms on this creature.

Wish me luck

Nina in PA

Comments (13)

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Welcome and good luck Nina!
    Sounds like your on the way to a wonderful addiction!

Karen

• tommysmommy
    14 years ago

Be afraid, be very afraid. Nina you can't stop at just one, these things are addictive. Welcome to the club, I hope a 12 step program doesn't become necessary! :-P
    Diane

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

and so it begins ;-)

Pam

• knotz
    14 years ago

Good luck from me too!!...There are LOTS of enablers here to keep you going with new cuttings if you want :)

knotz

• holleygarden Zone 8, East Texas
    14 years ago

I'm new, too. I purchased a brug cutting last year about this time, planted it, then left it. (it's not so cold here) It bloomed a couple of weeks ago - gorgeous, gorgeous, big, exquisite blooms! It was well worth the wait. Even DH was impressed!

So, good luck with your brug. You obviously have a green thumb and will be a good brug mama! :)

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Welcome Holleygarden!!!

Karen

• figara
    14 years ago

Welcome Nina and holleygarden !

Nina good luck with your brug.

Pat

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

We all got suckered in with the lure of a pretty plant. a cha cha.

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Nina and holleygarden, welcome to the best site in GW! Hope you both stick around. Nina, good luck on growing out your cuttings. At least you know you can always get more cuttings from your friend.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Welcome Holleygarden and Nina. I stumbled in here a few months ago, only had one brug, that didn't last long!
    It's a wonderful place filled with lovely pictures, good advice and caring folks.
    Buckle up!

• ninamora
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the welcome everyone. The cuttings are still leafing up nicely. Only the biggest leaves dropped. I'm watching for new growth. How long can that take normally?
    Nina

• plantlover49
    14 years ago

Welcome Holleygarden & Nina
    you'll love it here, there are a lot of nice people
    hope you stick around

Elizabeth

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Welcome, you will get lots of great info and help here.

I haven't decided which is more addictive, the brugs or the forum here.

BTW, we don't mind discussing daylillies (or anything else) when brug season is slow.

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County