Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gone2seed_gw

Ebayer using my pix

gone2seed
14 years ago

Just to let everyone know,some of the cuttings auctions are using my pictures as well as pictures belonging to others.Be careful if you buy from this seller.You need to ask yourself if anyone who doesn't have their own picture

really has the plant they are advertising.

Here are the auction numbers;

csjenkins1

Comments (14)

• knotz
    14 years ago

That is SOOOO not cool...I wonder what can be done about that....

• chena
    14 years ago

Glad you caught it I hope you contacted them and Insisted they be removed.. .I have had this happen and the seller did remove it immediately.. Sorry to hear that..I will gladly question the pic reference for you tho..LOLOLOL..

Kylie

• fool4flowers
    14 years ago

I asked them if they thought it was ethical to use another person's marked photo to sell their product. I can't believe it actually has your stamp on it and they didn't even try to crop it out.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

That is good that you found your pictures. I do not like folks that lure you to buy something and BE GENEROUS because it goes to a good cause. Yeah right!

Lucy

• karyn1
    14 years ago

Kristy I was thinking the same thing. Not only did they lift the pics they didn't even try to hide it! They are either really stupid or have bolas realmente grandes!!!!

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    14 years ago

You should watermark all your photos with your website address! Then when they steal your pic, you have instant advertising!!

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Hope you get this resolved. Just contact them as Kylie did when they used her pix.

LOL Karyn, good one!

• greatnan
    14 years ago

When you or anyone else have this happen report it to ebay. On the right hand side, under seller info etc there's is a click on to report it. If some one uses your pics or any thing else ebay will pull the auction.
    Good luck and sorry this happened to you.
    Jan

• gone2seed
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Great idea Dave,instant advertising.
    Now,watch this,do I have the best picture of Flamenco on the internet?
    7servant7 strikes again.This time it's auction # 160371752204.He is using the same picture of Flamenco that csjenkins is using.I also noticed a couple of other auctions for Flamenco where the picture looks nothing like Flamenco.not my pix in those cases.
    Do these people not have a camera.

• gardenpaw
    14 years ago

Thats a shame, maybe they think it`s easier just to use
    someone elses picture, that way they dont have to do any
    of the work? You would think that they would want an actual
    picture of the plant they are selling.
    I hope you get it resolved too.
    Karen

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

maybe they are one and the same person? isn't the csjenkins very new to e bay? I do not keep track...maybe someone knows where both live?

That is why I use google and I do not permit the download of my photos. I do not know if you can download them from within GW..I never tried. Then I really don't care if anybody thinks they have to use them to sell their stuff. I just feel sorry for the buyers and those folks that are crooks. ...should be stopped!

Lucy

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Not have a camera? They probably don't have the actual plant either. Ask them if they have any other pictures. (grin)

Linda

• wickedwickedwitch
    14 years ago

It is so easy to get around the blocks on photos. It totally sucks that someone is using your pictures. I would just keep pestering Ebay until they take the auction down.

• Chemocurl zn5b/6a Indiana
    14 years ago

Why not make a post at rhe GW Rate and Review Vendors Forum, putting the Ebayers name who is using your pilfered pics in the Subject of Posting line, and add that you have contacted them about taking your picture(s) down. I would then maybe add your 'suspicions about them as a seller if they don't even have their own pic of their own plant.

I would then contact the seller and give them the link to the review. Hopefully then they would take it down. If they persist, I would then make new posts to the review thread every time they used your pilfered pic(s) again.

I agree, there is something very suspicious about an Ebayer that doesn't have their own pics. There is a very suspicious Ebay iris seller, who buys massive lots of purple or mixed irises and then has tons of listings for registered irises, using pics from big on line sellers, like Schreiners and others. I don't think one has to be Nancy Drew to 'guess' what she is probably doing. By the time the irises finally bloom the next season, it is entirely too late to do anything about the Ebay seller selling one thing, yet sending another.

Sue...just lurking and enjoying some pics over coffee.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rate and Review Vendors

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm