Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chena_gw

A few pic's

chena
13 years ago

Here are few pic's of the recent blooms and a pic of the Banana's that have been dug up.. Still a few to go..LOL

Kylie

{{gwi:521242}}

{{gwi:459326}}

{{gwi:568181}}

{{gwi:568182}}

{{gwi:568183}}

{{gwi:568184}}

{{gwi:568185}}

{{gwi:568186}}

Comments (14)

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

Wow! Those are some beautiful blooms.

I love Cassie's Curls, I know a Cassie and it will be so cool to show her there's a flower with her name.

You have a lot of bananas to dig up there. I have just a few, but leave them out and they come back even after last winter.

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Great plants! Your brugs don't appear overly tall, is it sun levels I wonder? Mine get almost leggy I think.
    Diane

• karyn1
    13 years ago

You got some nice flushes. Are those blooming now? You have to let me know how to winter over bananas. I have a couple that I keep in pots but would much rather store somewhere bare root.

• honeybunny2 Fox
    13 years ago

Kylie, those are beautiful. I bet mine are going to blooms this weekend. The captain of the boat my husband that was to take my husband and his friends out tomorrow, just emailed him that the waves will be 6 ft, and it would be wise to cancel the trip tomorrow, so we will not be going. I will be going down next weekend, if I have to drive myself. I just want to see them bloom. Barbra

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Barbra nothing wrong with drinking beer on the beach alone..LOL That's to bad they canceled the trip I know he had to be looking forward to it especially after seeing John and Kristy's catch..

Karyn they were in full bloom the first week of Oct.. They are just now putting on more buds.. I have started digging and potting them up..I have to go back out of town pretty soon.. The Banana's you can pull out of the pots and clean as much soil off as you can and dry them .. I keep mine in the garage and the temps get down to 38* or I store them under the house and it stays 48*~50*.. even the z9 ones do fine..

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I found a couple of things open this morning.. Epi hookeri and Passi Pura Vida Purple..

{{gwi:536808}}
    {{gwi:521240}}

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Kylie, your plants are amazing! I keep trying to figure out what pix #4 is. Is that a brug or some other plant with small bunches of flowers?

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

That is an Iochroma..

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Passi really starting to do it's thang..LOL

{{gwi:457810}}

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

So pretty! I see you finally got some pics uploaded ;-)

What's that in picture 3? The blooms look like cypress vine, but not the leaves. I love your passi! Wish you were coming here this week!

Pam

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Oh, that is a beautiful white iochroma! Love the color on your passiflora!

• chena
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Pam the upload problem has something to do with Firefox.. I used IE and they loaded fine... That vine is a Morning Glory called Orange Noah or Wild Red..

• PKponder TX Z7B
    13 years ago

Doh! I have that plant :-)

• figara
    13 years ago

How beautiful!! You have a few nice flushes. Look at those bananas!!! You had a lot of digging to do.
    pat