Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lovetogrowflowers

Still Waiting for blooms, seems so slow this time *Pics*

lovetogrowflowers
13 years ago

Well, I'm still waiting for blooms. My 3 brugs are covered with buds that have even reached 3-4 inches in length. They seem to be taking forever to open. Even when they do pop open I don't think I'll have enough time before it gets to cold for them to actually open and bloom. It's supposed to be 36 here Friday :(.

I'm so disappointed. This was my first year with brugs in the ground and was thrilled to death that they started off so well. I took such good care of them. Kept them fertilized, watered, nearly bug free, even doctored one early on where I had made a cut, but it kept seeping liquid for almost 2 weeks. Finally got that taken care of as well. Only to grow 3 brugs over 7 feet tall, and the extreme heat slow everything down.

Mine seem to have went into an almost dormant state with the heat, just stopped growing altogether. Any buds that were there would either fall off or just not grow at all for nearly 2-3 weeks. Now it's cooled down and have buds everywhere, big ones too. Karyn did tell me that the cool would slow them down also. Well now I believe it.

I'm just fed up. I stare at them everyday, three or four times a day, so proud of them and how bad I wanted to see them bloom. And by bloom I mean bloom on the plant, not sitting in a bucket of water just to see blooms. Frustrated at all the work I put into them. Now I fear that with my luck they wont even come back next year, and if they do, are they going to wait every year to almost frost time to bloom?

I have OCD and depression and things like this upset me very very much. I just wanted so bad to see all my care pay off. Thus far I feel that I wont.

Here's a post to my big babies :) I love these pics in the post on the link. So proud of their size. Please check them out of you haven't already.

http://forums.gardenweb.com/forums/load/brug/msg0911503131292.html?5

Cellphone Pics (quality not good): Couldn't find my camera. Also, this particular brug in the pics below, the foliage is always a lighter green, has been all season. Its a white brug, taken care of just like the other two, but the other twos foliage is very dark. Any ideas on that?

{{gwi:569678}}

{{gwi:569679}}

{{gwi:569680}}

Comments (6)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES