Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brugmansia sanguinea seed help

Posted by passiflorapond 9B (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 24, 10 at 18:49

I planted out 7 brugmansia sanguinea seed on the 14th. How long do they take to germinate? Are there any special tricks to getting them up?
Also I have another question...did I read somewhere that if the mother tree was pollinated with herself, that the plants come out white flowered? I ordered the seeds from tradewindsfruitstore.com and have heard good things about them. Any help offered is appreciated.
Thanks all

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brugmansia sanguinea seed help

Trade Winds is a reliable vendor. Sanguinea should grow true. It's most of the other varieties that will sometimes revert to white.

Did you soak and peel the seeds before planting? They'll usually germinate within a couple weeks. They need to be room temp or warmer and the soil should be lightly moistened, not soggy.

o
RE: Brugmansia sanguinea seed help

Oh Karyn! :)
They are coming up! I just found 3 of them, stems bent with leaves still underground. By morning they will be up. Thank you for the reply, I just get so nervous with seed that is hard to come by :)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here