Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
turbodogg98

cuttings for postage

turbodogg98
12 years ago

i sure hope im not too late asking if anybody has any more cuttings they are wanting to get shed of. i will gladly pay for the shipping or postage. drop me a line and let me know thank you david goode

Comments (11)

• chena
    12 years ago

David! Why don't we ever hear from you during the yr???

• chena
    12 years ago

Thanks for the email!!! Wishing you the best I sent one back!

Kylie

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I daresay that the majority of us resent folks that just stop by this forum once a year to ask for cuttings, especially the more desirable varieties. If we post on the plant exchange that's another story, and continued conversation isn't expected, but the people that regularly post on this forum enjoy sharing info and hearing about each others gardens.

• katladie
    12 years ago

I may be wrong for butting in, but some people do not have the time to frequent all the forums that they would like to. I work a full time job, a part time job, take care of my invalid mother and an 18 month old grandbaby, my computer time is very limited. While I would love to chit chat about my garden, which also get limited time, I just don't have the time. And if I want to ask for cuttings I don't see anything wrong with that. If you happen to be blessed with lots of spare time then don't judge others if they are not.

• kayjones
    12 years ago

I agree with Kat to a degree - it's OK to ask, but please don't be disappointed if you don't get positive responses. With that being said and without trying to be snarky, one has to bear in mind that there's a LOT involved in growing plants to a point of being able to share starts: ie initial cost of plant, fertilizer, watering and the grower's time. Add to that the time and expense of preparing and mailing the plants and cuttings.

I also understand folks with limited time to spend on forums - I'm quite busy myself. I have a huge number of plants in my care and it takes lots of time. I have a son still living at home, a big yard and house to keep up with and two fur babies who require attention, so I do understand time restraints!

I have been trading for many years and am now to the point where I trade very little. I either have the plants already that are offered in trade or just am not interested in growing that species of plant.

It's nothing personal when you don't get positive responses to your requests - it's just that you must understand the mind set of those you are asking. I have Brugs and COULD offer them up for trade or postage, but I have had many experiences of being 'a generous gardener', only to receive an email a bit later, telling me the plant died and would I send another. No - if you can't grow the first one, I have to assume you can't grow the replacement, either.

Just keep asking and someone will respond. Keep in mind the first rule of 'selling'/asking: you may need to ask 7 times before you get a yes!

• chena
    12 years ago

OKAY I have walked away from this for a while now!!
    "need to ask 7 times before you get a yes! " Ya'll make very good points.. This is a VERY Generous group..Everyone has had the opportunity to start a NICE collection of Brugs..There have been Many offerings!!!BUT when someone shows up at cuttin time yr after yr wanting ONLY the Primo Brugs that people pay a lot of money for REALLY!!!!
    Sorry NO Sympathy here..For any of ya'll who are new this is an annual event! I Personally have offered Him and everyone else Brugs for postage.. They just were'nt special enough...AND the only time of yr he Finds the time to show up!!! We are all busy!!!!!

Kylie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I couldn't have said it better then Kylie. If TD has the time to make his annual plea for primo brugs I would think he could find time to post on the forum at least a few times over the course of the year. I would never have the audacity to ask people I didn't regularly post with for the most desirable plants for postage and turn up my nose at what was offered.

• pearlgirl
    12 years ago

Kylie..LOL!!!!! Not funny at all, however I'm down with
    what you're feeling. Everyone IS indeed generous here and
    I find that sometimes we have to pull back a bit.

Margaret

• Ament
    12 years ago

I for one am very very grateful for every single brug I had sent to me! Unfortunately being gone, Two of them croaked. Not asking for replacements mind you. Just that it happens, when a person is gone two weeks and those who remain behind are the kind of folks who don't have green thumbs. LoL

I just want every single one of you here to know I truly appreciate the brugs sent to me, even if I am unable to afford much. I appreciate every single one of them! I will have to take photos of them all, once my home is back in order. So you all can see how well they are doing. =)

~Tina

• chena
    12 years ago

AWW Tina!! I am sorry you lost some of your cuttings.. Happens to us all! I chunked one just yesterday! Your appreciation and participation helps keep this forum going..
    Not like you are asking for the elusive Triple Purple Brug!! ;0)

Kylie

• karyn1
    12 years ago

Kylie I thought you were saving that triple purple brug for me ; )

Sponsored