Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
plantlover49

I know I am not the only person Digging it

plantlover49
12 years ago

I have stared digging my Brugs, it's that time of year, Lucky for me I don't have 200 Brugs to dig up, I only have 150 but the ones without Buds already have been dug up

Happy Gardening

Elizabeth

Comments (18)

• maile_2010
    12 years ago

WOW Elizabeth,
    150 BRUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!With BUDS. Awesome. No I don't feel sorry for myself anymore with ONLY 50 dug up and ONLY 10 in the ground.
    Jerry

• karyn1
    12 years ago

I feel sorry for both of you. I only sunk about 10 brugs this year. All the others are in pots above ground. My problem is the other 500+ container plants that need to be trimmed back and moved into the greenhouse. I so hate this time of year. I'm hoping I have a few more weeks before frost and pray that the rain stops so that everything dries out. If I had to move plants now I'd end up with some serious fungal issues, even with the greenhouse fans going 24/7. I had posted that I finally saw the sun last week. Well that didn't last long. By that evening the rain returned and hasn't stopped. We've only had 1 day with no rain in the past 32 days and it's not like this is our normal "rainy season". That's in the early spring which happened to be unusually dry this year.

• eloise_ca
    12 years ago

Wow Elizabeth, you've got a lot of digging going on! Hope you have some help.

• chena
    12 years ago

My sympathy to ALL.. I started accessing yesterday.. Yanked the dead ones.LOL So not such an argues task this yr..Not sure to cry or be thankful...

Kylie

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am so glad, I did have help, my DD came over to help me out, got to visit my GK's that was a plus, I thought this is great, then I got the news, the Building where I have my antique Booth, sold, so they are having an outside sale for all the vendors this week end Thank Goodness, by marking a couple things down I made $300.00 yesterday, which was great, it was things I just wanted to get rid of
    so it was more about declutter than anything else
    Karyn
    I can't believe all those days of Rain, I know you'll be glad to have some Sunshine
    Elizabeth

• gardenpaw
    12 years ago

Yep, it that time of year.
    I have been digging too, got most of the small ones potted
    up, now just have to get the big ones cut back and dug, I
    have been trying to wait on digging the bigger ones because
    they all have lots of buds, about 50 to go.

Karen

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Karen
    we do the same thing every year, What were we thinking? I know we'll make room for them though we love them, I can't wait till everything is done, so we can visit, I Love to come over, I just wish we lived next door to each other
    Hugs
    Elizabeth

• marcie_new
    12 years ago

Do any of you want to share any cuttings with me? I can pay postage pretty please? Thanks Marcie

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    12 years ago

after working all day, I sure am glad, I am retired that all I have to do is take care of my Brugs, that I will have all dug up by the 20th of October, what a day, I have to work tommorrow, then again Thursday, then my Booth, will be my Garage, I am so Glad I have a Double car Garage

Elizbeth

• crocuscottage
    12 years ago

Yes, I too am watching the weather reports, hoping the warmth lasts a little longer here.
    Only have 8 total, all in pots.
    However I know that one day soon I will be joining you in the annual "Bringing in the babies".

• ruth_ann
    12 years ago

This is my annual weekend for digging up mine to pop into pots and get ready to bring in. Actually I cat back 3 3 weeks ago to see if they would root ( the cuttings) and I could leave the older plants in the ground to rot. One has rooted well, the other 2 not so much so I guess I will bring all the bases in, 'just in case'. It sure is much less a task now that I am down to only 6 Brugs.

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Digging here, 4 last week, have 2 to go. They're in my community garden plot and got "kissed" by frost, so some of their leaves are a bit sad, but the buds appear to be fine. The danger of frost is over for the week so I may leave them for another day after cleaning out tomato plants and such.

• plantlover49
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Dianne
    I will have all mine dug up by the 20th, right now Pure Love has the fattest Bud, I have ever seen, I have about 8 with so many Buds, I sure hope the nice weather holds on for another week

Elizabeth

• tommysmommy
    12 years ago

Need to see the flower once that fat bud opens, Elizabeth!

• Ament
    12 years ago

Oh I surely hope the weather holds, I want to see pictures too! :D

~Tina

• gardenpaw
    12 years ago

Hi Marcie,
    Send me an email, I`ll be glad to send you some cuttings
    for postage.

Karen

• kayjones
    12 years ago

Karyn, hire a Hooney-Hooney man for $10 an hour, then stand there and watch his body glisten with sweat and his muscles ripple as he digs - you'll be just like a Desperate Housewife - video tape it and submit it to Ryan Sechrest - you might get your OWN SHOW!!! P.S. We want to watch the video,too!

• gardenpaw
    12 years ago

LOL Kay now there`s an idea! LOL

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH