Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
karyn1_gw

OT: Misc Pics (lots!)

karyn1
13 years ago

I've been playing with my new camera and don't have anywhere else to post pics. lol I'll start with a brug. The Mango Crush buds on a Y but it also sends out buds along the leaf nodes.

{{gwi:571165}}

Here's lots of pics. Keep in mind I'm still trying to figure out how to use this camera. I was so used to using a point & shoot. I can use auto or manual settings with this one.

{{gwi:358596}}

{{gwi:571167}}

{{gwi:571168}}

{{gwi:571170}}

{{gwi:571171}}

{{gwi:571172}}

{{gwi:571173}}

{{gwi:571174}}

{{gwi:571175}}

{{gwi:571176}}

{{gwi:571178}}

{{gwi:571179}}

{{gwi:571180}}

{{gwi:571181}}

{{gwi:536013}}

{{gwi:571182}}

{{gwi:571183}}

{{gwi:571184}}

{{gwi:536017}}

{{gwi:571185}}

{{gwi:571186}}

{{gwi:571187}}

{{gwi:571188}}

{{gwi:571189}}

{{gwi:571191}}

{{gwi:536010}}

{{gwi:571192}}

{{gwi:536019}}

{{gwi:571193}}

{{gwi:571195}}

{{gwi:571196}}

{{gwi:571197}}

{{gwi:571198}}

{{gwi:536015}}

Comments (19)

• knotz
    13 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

VERY nice and congrats on the new camera!!...Also, LOVE your ring, it's beautiful :)

knotz

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I've wanted a really good camera for a long time. Now to figure out how to use it. I can definitely see the difference in the colors and detail compared to my point & shoot digitals. It took me a minute to figure out what you were talking about. Thanks. I kept thinking what's a "ring" plant? lol Next year will be our 25th anniversary. I think it might be time for a new one. Who cares about college tuition for the kids. lol

• threas
    13 years ago

Everything looks wonderful! Love the impatiens. It looks like you've mastered the new camera. Details are spectacular!

Theresa

• izharhaq
    13 years ago

Very nice... thanks for sharing..

Izhar

• chena
    13 years ago

Nice shots!! The new camera takes great pic's.. Looks like there are loads of things showing off right now.. Are these cooler temps just awesome!

• mnwsgal
    13 years ago

Very nice closeups.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Temps here are downright chilly at night and we've been getting rain, a lot of rain, too much rain. lol We had a bone dry summer and have had almost 10" of rain over the past 5 days! The plants are happy though. I'll probably have more blooms over the next 2 weeks then I had all summer.

• Frances Coffill
    13 years ago

Beautiful shots! you seem to be adapting to the new camera quite well! Lovely and unusual flowers too! Our climates seem to match! the dry heat of summer followed by a chilly wet fall. Brrrr we have had about 6 inches of rain in the past 7 days! It is a relief to not have to water or feel grass crunching under the feet!

Thank you for sharing!

• chena
    13 years ago

WOW!!! Ya'll are getting lots of rain... We need it bad but we need to get the Winter wheat in first and we are behind on that due to a nice yet unexpected rain...it is holding at the levies and to wet to plow..FEAST or FAMINE..LOL
    Can't wait to see what all else you have..

Kylie

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

Wow Karyn, you have a lot of things still blooming where mine have gone to sleep. Our weather sounds identical though. You should have a half click on that camera for auto focus, then push all the way down. You caught on fast from what I can see. There are more vibrant colors and clearer shots, though you're other shots were pretty good, though I know what you mean by washed out colors. I had one of those camera 2 years ago and all my shots were really washed out BAD - it was a D-Link camera. I'm sure you'll enjoy your new camera!

Thanks for sharing - Sandy

• plantlover49
    13 years ago

Karyn
    just Beautiful, you're camera is doing a great job, BTW
    Congratulations on your new Camera, I just got a new one & I love it

Elizabeth

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Sandy the automatic settings are not much different then my old digital point & shoot cameras. It's the manual settings that I have to learn about. It's a Nikon DS5000. DH got me the package that included the regular 18-55mm lens and an additional 200mm standard zoom lens. I really want a micro lens but they are terribly expensive, almost as much as the camera. I'm going to go check out some pawn shops and see if they have anything. My GF used to be a pawn broker and she said that they took in tons of photography equipment.

• eloise_ca
    13 years ago

Great shots of your plants/flowers Karyn! I just set my camera on auto and whatever comes out, comes out, lol! We had killer hot weather not too long ago, and yesterday it sprinkled steadily all day long -- my kind of weather.

• karyn1
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Eloise are you serious about rainy days? You and my DH. Bruce loves when it rains. It gives him an excuse to curl up on the couch in the family room and watch whatever sports happen to be on all day.

• sandysseeds007
    13 years ago

oooeee Karyn, nice camera! Mine has the manual on it to but I never use them. My camera is a $100 A400 finepix that does the job for me, it's a few years old to. My daughter gave it to me in a swap for my buying her a much better camera. You've got a top of the line with the Nikon and you at least have the auto for quick shots!

;) - Sandy

• pagrdnr
    13 years ago

Great shots. I love the impatiens and the medinilla.

• pearlgirl
    13 years ago

Nice blooms...I think you know what you're doing with that
    new camera.
    Margaret

• Frances Coffill
    13 years ago

Beautiful shots! you seem to be adapting to the new camera quite well! Lovely and unusual flowers too! Our climates seem to match! the dry heat of summer followed by a chilly wet fall. Brrrr we have had about 6 inches of rain in the past 7 days! It is a relief to not have to water or feel grass crunching under the feet!

Thank you for sharing!

• tommysmommy
    13 years ago

Well we haven't had rain in a month and a half or more. Maybe this week. So, my plants don't look as good as yours, but with our warm weather they're still growing like mad. Don't you love a new camera? Except for that learning curve thing, which it looks like you've got down. Good looking flowers Karyn, always nice to see your garden.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!