Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
drgulley_gw

Need advise on rooting cuttings please

drgulley
13 years ago

I just won a few brug cuttings on Ebay. One of these is a brug that I have been wanting for a very long time (Angels Sunbeam) and I was going to try rooting them with a rooting hormone. I bought some Miracle Grow Root Tone a long time ago and forgot I even had it. I was wondering if anyone has used this particular brand of rooting hormone and if so what kind of results you have had? It is an opened container so apparently I tried using it before but I don't remember. Do these ever go bad over time? Do I need to cut off the green outter part of the cutting before I dip it in the powder?

Also any advise on trying to root these would be appreciated. It is still pretty warm here in TX so I am thinking I will start them off outside in a pot and bring them in when it starts cooling down. I am guessing that I should water very sparingly at the beginning, like maybe every other day? Do I need to keep them in partial shade at first?

I would just try rooting them in water as I have done with some other brugs but I was told that it would be better to try to root the Angels Sunbeam in soil. Please help! :O)

Dianne

Comments (4)