Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sibhskylvr

OT: A Prayer or Two - Would Be Nice! :))

sibhskylvr
15 years ago

(((Today wasn't one of my best days! It was bad & then got worse! I sent this email to Brenda earlier tonight in response to an email from her! Thought I'd share with you - people who honestly care! I'm glad I have each & every one of you! This is going to be a little hard for me over the next few days where 'Arrant' is concerned. Anyone who has a pet - also has a 'member' of the family! Fur-baby or otherwise! If I'm not around as much - you'll know what I'm doing, playing with the 'kids!' And I'll be thinking of you guys & gals! I'll try to answer a few emails over the weekend & get a few packages done. I just don't feel much like doing anything - except playing with the kids! You know that 'hurt' - 'chokey' feeling you get in your chest when someone is in pain, or a 'member' of the family? I have that 'feeling' & I can't shake it!)))

Brenda

I've been pretty busy finishing up a few things! Today I learned my 24 year old nephew got hit while riding his motorcycle. Nothing serious - but enough to send him to the hospital. Dr. on call at the Emergency Room wrote him out some prescriptions for pain. He was banged & bruised up a little - but nothing serious.

While waiting at Wal Mart for them to fill his prescriptions - he thought he'd run down the street to the Sonic for a quick bite of lunch. As he walked out of Wal Mart - he was hit by a car! The woman just left the scene - without even checking to see if he was all right! He was hit hard & knocked to the ground. To the Emergency Room again! He now has torn ligaments in his legs & various other injuries. Bruised, scrapes, etc. Nothing broken that can be found! He was very fortunate! Wal Mart is helping the Sheriff's Dept. by going through their outside surveillance cameras to help identify the woman. My nephew didn't get a license plate number! Hopefully she'll be caught!

And it gets worse! Everyone who knows me - pretty much knows I love Siberian Huskies! I've posted many pics (of my six!) & some even know them by name! And I appreciate that!

'Arrant' my male (the baby) who has seizures at least once a month - had two seizures on Wednesday. During the course of one of his seizures - he now has lost some ability to stand. With his rear knee problems - it's affected him (and me) tremendously! When a person takes their knee cap & moves it left to right a little - this is normal. But 'Arrant' - his knee caps go clear to the side of his legs either way. Much further than normal. The knee caps could actually 'snap' at anytime. He's had this problem since he was about a year old & I'm praying & hoping he hasn't 'snapped' one or both.

There have been times over the last three or four years where he could have had an operation to 'possibly' correct the problem. The outcome consisted of two things:

1) He may be 'hooked' to a little pulley cart for the rest of his life.

2) He would never walk again.

I made the choice of him NOT having the surgery! I just devoted myself to making sure he had as 'normal' a life as possible - as one of the 'kids.' It was a decision that had to be made. And thinking of 'Arrant' going through life hooked to a pulley cart, or not being able to ever walk again - was a very hard, and personal decision I had to make.

Today he was worse. I called & talked to my vet. He had me come in & talk with him. He decided to put 'Arrant' on previcox for pain. He will take it today, Saturday, & Sunday. Appointment for him to have x-rays of his legs, blood work done, etc. are scheduled for Monday at 10:00 am. Vet also gave me another piece of information - it may be Neurological. But nothing can be known for sure until Monday. This is going to be a very hard & long few days.

Just wanted to let you know what's going on & to ask for a little prayer for 'Arrant!' I would appreciate it! This is hard on me & alot for me to deal with right now.

My nephew - well, he's not injured to badly, and he's a big boy! He'll live! I'm glad he wasn't seriously hurt, or worse!

I'm going to try & busy myself answering a few emails, making a couple of posts & then spend a little time with the 'kids!' :)) All of them!

Sorry I vented all of this to you - but I do feel a little better! Love you!!

Mike

ps: I did manage to get your package out today! It should arrive on Monday & I hope you like what's in it! :))

{{gwi:544789}}

'Arrant!'

Comments (45)

• luvmy3afhounds
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Oh Mike, My heart goes out to you!!! I was wondering why we had not heard from you this week, but thought you were busy at work or taking a much needed rest from cutting and shipping your brug gifts. Your poor nephew got a double whammy! I am so glad he is okay. What a day for him!

Your dear, sweet Arrant will be in my prayers along with Goldie, Tootie and others. I know how gut wrenching this must be for you. I hope it goes well at the Vet and you get some answers. I am glad you told us and please feel free to email me if you want to talk. I went through two agonizing years and $15.000.00 on my beloved afghan (Aleina) that had a very rare cancer. My other 14 1/2 year old af can barely walk now and we are blessed to be able to make decisions for our fur babies, but you want to do the best you can for them. They seem to know that you are helping them. I will also keep you in my prayers as well. Please know our hearts are with you. Sending hugs and healing wishes your way.
    Joyce

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Oh Mike,
    I am in tears. I feel your pain to see Arrant suffer and be in pain and having to make choices. You are right. Your nephew will be ok. Even with the horrible luck he had. What are the chances like that. wow. Glad he is going to be ok.
    I wish I could give you a real hug to give you strength you need to get through this. I wish I could say, everything will be ok. But I do believe in prayers and I will pray and pray and pray for Arrant and you. You know we are here for you. ALWAYS. If there is ANYTHING, anything at all I can do for you Mike, say the word.

Why is it that people with generous, good loving hearts are being tested so much on how much they can handle?

Be strong for ALL your babies and yourself.

Lucy

• dirt_under_my_nails
    15 years ago

Mike~Big Hugs & prayers going out to you,your handsome fur baby Arrant,& your nephew.

Seems to be a rough month for several memberes of my GW friends from this forum & others.Here's looking to easier tomorrows.

later...April

• threas
    15 years ago

Mike, I am so sorry to hear about your doggie, Arrant. You and Arrant will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Theresa

• gottahosta
    15 years ago

Oh, Mike, I should have known something was going on! I am so sorry for you about your "kid" and about Arrant. Just stay with, and be with, and love on those Kids! I am sending many prayers to you, for strength and peace of mind, and for Arrant, and lots of hugs and love, too.

I will be gone most of the day but I will check in later with you, Mike!

Brenda

• eloise_ca
    15 years ago

Dear Mike, we all missed your posts, but now understand why you haven't been here. I am so very sorry for the trials you are going through. My friend, be well and take care of yourself. There are some things in this world that are beyond our control. I pray you will find comfort in knowing that we all love you and want you to be free from pain.

Thank God your nephew wasn't hurt more seriously; your sister/brother must have been worried sick. I hope they find that woman soon.

I pray your beautiful Arrant will soon be better and that the Vet will give you good news. Arrant is so very fortunate to have someone like you love him so.

• karyn1
    15 years ago

I'm so sorry. I'm glad to hear that your nephew isn't more seriously injured. I do hope that Arrant's problem can be treated, hopefully without invasive measures.

• dimples31312
    15 years ago

Mike.
    You and yours are in my prayers.
    Dorothy

• suetran1
    15 years ago

Dear Mike
    I'm praying for you and Arrant, and I'm completely understand how you felt, because it was happened to me like that in May.
    Lost job, sick, house broken,my dog had a big tumer, like an orange, hanging at the neck, (it getting bigger), all of that in the same month. Everytime, we look at him it just broken heart.
    Arrant so handsome, just thinking about him, made me cry.
    My dog is 15 years old, the tumer don't make him slow down, the vet. said as long he is healthy, just live with it. I don't have the budget to operate him, even we can, not sure he can pass. That is my baby too.
    Mike, be strong, and it will pass.
    love you
    sue

• carmie2
    15 years ago

Mike, I am so sorry to hear that. I will say prayers for all of you guys!
    Big Hug to you!

• neonposey
    15 years ago

Wow. what a lot to deal with all at one time. I'm so glad your nephew survived 2 horrible accidents and I know you are worried sick about Arrant. I'm definately sending prayers your way for all of you. Arrant is so beautiful and I know you are a great daddy to him. If love and prayers can heal, then he will be just fine.

Big, Big hugs for you...

• lopaka_mikale
    15 years ago

Mike... That is an azimg story about your nephew. So glad that he will be okay. At least he understands the pain he is experiencing. Our pets can not.. that's what makes it extra difficult for me, when I see one of my dogs suffering. I understand the pain and anxiety that you are feeling. Stay strong and put the loving on your kids. They will certainly be there for you.

Bob

• ibartoo
    15 years ago

Mike, I am so sorry for your trouble, I will pray for you, your nephew and your Arrant. Linda

• sultry_jasmine_nights (Florida-9a-ish)
    15 years ago

Ohhh Nooo! not one of your beautiful babies!! Wait till my dd hears this, she looks at your pic everytime you post and is in *love* with your pups! She has been begging me to get her one even though she already has a lab lol!

That is so wierd about your nephew, sometimes the freakiest things happen. I am glad he is okay though, he must have a guardian angel watching over him!
    It reminds me of this time I was working in E.R on one of my first nursing jobs and we had this guy come in from a motor vehicle accident. He couldn't be saved so they called his family, they were driving to the hospital, and they were hit head on by a drunk driver and they all died!

• bonnie12210
    15 years ago

Mike I am so sorry about all the things you are going thru,I pray your nephew will be okay.I know about those fur babies,the ones with the unconditional love,God only knows what we have been through with Tootie the last two weeks,you can count on prayers from me to you and yours,just love them Mike.
    Hugs Bonnie

• hong2007
    15 years ago

Mike sorry to hear everything goes bad at once! hang in there everything will get better. I am glad to know that your nephew is ok. Arrant is very lucky to have you as his daddy. I will keep them in my prayer.

• greatnan
    15 years ago

Oh Mike I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew and Arrant.
    Will keep you all in my prayers and sending lots of good thoughts.
    Jan

• rigo74
    15 years ago

Mike~Many hugs & prayers are being sent to you in your time of need, please keep your head up and I hope things get better for your nephew and Arrant.We will keep them both in our prayers.

Rigo

• funinthesunincl
    15 years ago

Mike...

You and your entire 'family' are in our thoughts and prayers!!! Our dog, Blue, had surgery on her ACL a few years ago--my heart goes out to Arrant.

Hugs...

Mary Jane

• moonie_57 (8 NC)
    15 years ago

Mike - I am so sorry your Arrant is going through such tough times. You are blessed to have all these wonderful, caring people holding your family in their hearts embrace. Add me to those that send out prayers and good thoughts.

• karmahappytoes
    15 years ago

sibhskylvr, you take all the time you need with the fur babies and so glad to hear your nephew is okay. Will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers, please let us know how Monday goes.

• WOODSGRANNY
    15 years ago

Mike,i hurt for you,and you'll all be in my prayers.i have a six year old boxer that i just live for and don't want to think of the day to come to go thru what you are.take care of 'em.and the SOB that hit your nephew at walmart needs to suffer more than ARRANT.hope they catch them and punish him well.thanks for everything you do.God bless you,patricia

• daniellalell
    15 years ago

O Mike, I am so sorry to hear all of this. Thank god your nephew wasnt hurt worse. I hope they catch the woman that hit him & ran. Poor Arrant & you..you will both be in my prayers and thoughts ((((hugs)))
    Hey..you know we are all here for you to vent to, and to support you. (((hugs))) Please keep us updated. PLease give Arrant some belly rubs and kisses from me!

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Mike I am terribly sorry to hear that so much saddness is going on in your life right now..I will keep you and your family in my thoughts and prayers..and if you need a pick me up, or just someone to talk with, I know we are all here for you, anytime !!

Please give Arrant a special hug from me, and I really hope you get good news on Monday !

(((hugs))

Kym

• knotz
    15 years ago

Oh dear Mike.

You are all in my prayers...I'm so sorry for all this happening to you...I know what its like to really "love" your dog...I had to have my bestest dog in the whole world put down a few years back..It was REALLY hard...He was 12 and I got him when he was 8 wks.

We are all here for you, our friend.

• rosepedal
    15 years ago

Mike I am so sorry to hear about one of your babies and your nephew. Our animals are our children. I am wishing both of them a fast recovery. Barb

• gardenpaw
    15 years ago

Mike, Im so sorry to hear about your Nephew and your sweet
    Baby Arrant, please know you will all be in my thoughts
    and prayers, I know when it`s a child or a beloved pet-
    When the worlds not right with them it`s not right with us
    Either.
    Take good care,

Karen

• fool4flowers
    15 years ago

Mike I am so sorry for what you are going through. I haven't been on here much lately. I have been having a bit of a rough time as well. I will be praying for you, your nephew and Arrant. He is such a lucky boy to have you for a Dad. I hope they give you some good news on Monday and the medicine helps him feel better for the time being. Its so hard to see them feeling bad or in pain. We love you Mike. You are a wonderful friend. Hugs for you all.

• wolfen
    15 years ago

Mike,
    I am so sorry to hear of the troubles you are having. Give your Arrant child hugs, and let him stay close. It may make him feel more comfortable. All may be well by Monday! We love our animal children so deeply. Our prayers will be with you , Arrant, and your Nephew.
    Sandra

• maemae0312
    15 years ago

Mike, You and your family (four legged and the regular kind too) will be in my prayers.

Mary

• flwrs4ever
    15 years ago

Mike...I just wanted to tell you...my family was in the car today on the way to the mall...and I told them what happened to your newphew..I just couldnt beleive he was hurt twice in one day..and had asked them to pray for you and your family ( Arrant included) Well...when I was done telling my teenage daughter said " mom, there is a reason why he made it thru that day..and he is going to do something really important with his life"

Just wanted to share with you...Still sending hugs and prayers your way !

Kym

• ladylotus
    15 years ago

Mike, I am so very sorry to hear about your nephew and your beloved Arrant. How unfortunate to have been hit twice in one day and survived with scratches, bruises and a few minor injuries.

As far as Arrant (what a beautiful name) you and he will be in my prayers. Thanks for sharing the photo of Arrant he is beautiful. I have a cat (Picaso) that is my pride and joy. I can't imagine what you are going through. Good luck my friend.

I can't wait until things begin to look brighter for you and your loved ones. (hugs)

~Tj~

• plantlover49
    15 years ago

Mike
    I am so sorry, that you are having all these worries
    I also add my prayers for your fur babies, it shows in your post just how much you love them.
    just try to take care of yourself
    Hugs to you & yours
    Elizabeth

• kay75052
    15 years ago

Oh Mike, so sorry to hear about your nephew and your beautiful pet Arrant. Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Lena-kay

• Dave in NoVA • N. Virginia • zone 7A
    15 years ago

MIke,

We're thinking about you, your nephew and your beautiful dog. Sometimes life hands you hard stuff. I absolutely cannot fathom the hit-and-run thing.

Take care and thanks so much for the brugs! What a nice surprise to find in the mail. Three different varieties. Don't know what to say.

You rock!

Dave

• jumpin4joy
    15 years ago

Mike I am truly sorry. I raise my english as many of you know and I have lost one in the past very dear to my heart. taken by bad dog food. It broke my heart and he suffered so much.It ripped me apart inside. Just when I thought the surgery I paid alot for would save him he died in my arms. His name was Boomer. I truly love my babies so I understand as I am sure many people here do. If you dont own a dog you could never understand the bond that we form with them. I am sure what ever choices you make no matter how hard they will be in Arrants best intrests. Pray and always rember the good times you shared it helps. Sorry to be so depressing but It brings up very sad thoughts for me to. I will be thinking of you both. Im glad your nephew is okay. Id rather deal with dogs than people sometimes. At least you know what to expect, that lady leaving is sick and I hope they get Her butt!!! Brandy

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's been a busy, busy day! Just let the 'babies' in for the night! Spent a little more fun time with 'Arrant!' Told him he has only to get through tonight & tomorrow & then it will be time to see the Dr. I don't think he's too happy - growled! lol! Gets his bath tomorrow, brushed, & his nails trimmed. He'll be ready!

Me - I'm just trying to stay in the 'positive' mode! :)) Thanks for the prayers & comments everyone!! I appreciate them very, very much! Made my evening (or should I say 1:58 am) seem a little better! Thank you!! You guys/gals are TOPS!

Nephew's doing better! He'll be seeing the family Dr. on Monday as well! A busy day Monday!

I'm also taking a vacation day Monday - not sure what to expect?? I hope all goes well!

Everyone - give your fur-babies, cats, kittens, birds, reptiles, whatever the case may be (even tropical fish!!) - a HUGE & very tight hug!! It makes you feel very 'good' inside & it does make a difference! :))

Love you all!

Mike

• threas
    15 years ago

Mike, I've been thinking about you all weekend while working on my GH. Sending good thoughts your way. Good luck at the vet with Arrant tomorrow! Give him a big hug & kiss from me:)

Theresa

• chena
    15 years ago

Mike I am sooo sorry!!! I know how much you love your babies and what a part of your Family they are.. I Pray that things will get better.. I will keep you Beautiful baby as well as You and your Family in my Prayers!!!! If you need anything Please let me know!!
    (((HUGS)))
    Kylie

• collielover
    15 years ago

Your baby is beautiful, I will say a prayer for him. Six what a awesome site that must be. I'm glad you nephew is okay. Cindy

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike I know you have been counting the hours till you can take Arrant to the vet tomorrow. I hope the meds helped him over the past few days. Please let us know as soon as you can what the vet visit did for Arrant.

Be strong...Your babies need you.

Hugs
    Lucy

• sibhskylvr
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Lucy

Been counting the hours & now I can't sleep! Going to try again here in a few! The meds helped him a little! Slowed him down to some degree & less 'whimpering' through the day & night! I know the little guys in pain - just wish I didn't have to wait three days to get him in to the vet. Tomorrow's another day! Maybe a better one! :))

Mike

• darlene87
    15 years ago

Mike, I believe in the power of prayer big time! I have had many miracles in my personal life as an answer to prayer. First, I have never been on this site before, I was just looking around to see what other sites are on here. I don't know if the Lord lead me here, but here goes. What type of food does your dog eat, and all that may tie into seizures. Go to www. doctorJ.com or type in dogs and seizures in search window. If pets have grains in their food, and they are sensitive, it causes seizures. I have seen this work before, and the removal of the offending food worked a miracle. I pray that this would be the answer for you. At present, we only have a Maine Coon cat, who is on a special diet also. All natural food, no grains or chemicles. I have epilepsy also, and eat few grains because of it. Keep us informed as to the progress, and we hope and pray for the best.
    Darlene

• givelittle_getlots
    15 years ago

Mike I start my days with prayers and when time I meditate. Which I will do for Arrant and you right now.
    Darlene welcome to the forum and I hope you see that we are a little group with lots of love and caring for each other.Darlene God works in misterious ways!
    Mike did they ever find out why Arrant has those seizure? It would be what Darlene says...a miracle that she found her way here and with her experience on this herself, can help your Arrant get better. I say it is always worth a try!

Mike not much longer now. (((((((HUGS)))))))

Lucy

• kathi_rogers
    15 years ago

Mike, you, Arrant and your nephew are in my prayers! My fur babies are like my children and when they are sick or in pain, I am in as much distress as when my children are sick or in pain. As far as your nephew,his guardian angel certainly worked overtime that day!