Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
luvmy3afhounds

OT: Fendi in Contest! Please Vote!!!!

luvmy3afhounds
14 years ago

Hi all,

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I just entered a puppy picture of my 'Fendi' in the Hallmark cutest dog contest. You can vote once per day per computer and the dogs leading in votes already have 5000 plus votes so we have some catching up to do. The contest ends Dec.15. The top two winners will win a prize and also Hallmark will donate to a Charity of the winners choice. Of course my choice would be Afghan Hound Rescue. The top 25 vote getters will be announced after the first of the year. I would love to have Fendi be recognized as the cute & sweet girl she is. Please take the time to vote once a day and tell your friends to vote too!

The link below should take you to her picture so you can vote. Her name is Fendi Ownbey. There is another Fendi also in the contest.

Thanks so much!

Joyce

When I count my blessings at night, I count my Afghan Hounds twice.

Here is a link that might be useful: Contest Link

Comments (69)

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

another vote #248

• rock_oak_deer
    14 years ago

Fendi has my vote!! I'll try to remember each day.

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

we just need to keep this on top, then it is easy to VOTE :-)
    DONE for today
    Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

I'm #294 for today

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

voted

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

It's still too early for today's vote. I'll try later.

Pam

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

I don't post each time I vote, but wanted you to know that I try to vote each day! Good luck Joyce and Fendi.

• gottahosta
    14 years ago

Been voting everyday, even tho I'm not here on the forum!

Yay, Fendi, you go girl!!!

~Brenda

• haase
    14 years ago

# 335 today.
    Ingrid

• chena
    14 years ago

HEHEHE!!! I just learned something interesting...âºâº
    I can vote from my phone as well as my computer..

Kylie

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I can vote as often as I want to roflmao. I just take the cookie away ha ha ha ha ha ha

pssssssssssssssssst

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

If you have Firefox and Internet Explorer, you can vote twice also. Good idea about the cookies and phone ladies!

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks again for your votes! You are doing a wonderful job!
    Voting from a different computer or cell phone each day is fine. If you vote from the same computer even if it is a different email, or cookies cleared it still sends the same IP address from your computer. In the end Hallmark will run a program to check duplicate IP addresses & disqualify anyone who is doing that.
    Fendi sure enjoyed our cool weather today. We didn't get out of the 30's....BRRRRRRR
    Stay warm!
    Joyce

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

PLEASE for once....forget about how bad cookies are for you and keep them! lol

Joyce I had no idea and will patiently wait each day to cast my one vote :-)

Go Fendi...go
    Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

I'm not gonna post my votes any more. I'm voting every day. Todays number is 393.
    Ingrid.

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

She's at 432 votes this morning!

• chena
    14 years ago

Plus one..LOL

Kylie

• haase
    14 years ago

I looked at the whole contest site. My gosh, some of these dogs have votes in the 100-thousands. How can that be??
    Do they get the whole world to vote for them?
    All of these pooches are cute. But Fendi is my favorite, of course. Well, lets get the vote up and going, folks!!!

Ingrid

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Just another heartfelt thank you to those who have taken the time from their busy schedules to vote for Fendi!
    Ingrid, when I realized how people are getting all of those votes, jumping up 5000-11000 over night I was very upset. I had the choice of saying forget it we will never win or going on. According to the contest rules people that have committed fraud will be disqualifed when the contest ends. I worked in software many years and there are programs you can write to cast many votes for you but there are also programs that Hallmark will use to find duplicate votes from the same computer. Such is life...there is always a way to beat the system. I just hope the dogs that had legit votes will win. There are so many cute dogs entered!!!!
    Thanks again and enjoy!
    Joyce

• haase
    14 years ago

You know what, Joyce, - it is just a game. I know now that there is a lot of fraud going on. Fendi's votes were all legitimate, and in my book Fendi won. I was partial for a couple of Chihuahuas in there, because my chiwadogs were my life. But let's be serious now, -- I don't have a high opinion of this Hallmark contest any more.

As far as I am concerned, FENDI is the WINNER! I love her, and she is as cute as anyone can be!!!

Ingrid

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

bump

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

another VOTE!!!

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

Bump because I forgot yesterday!

• sekhment
    14 years ago

I voted my number was 639 GO FENDI!!!!

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Sorry I forgot also. Has 640 votes!
    Dorothy

• haase
    14 years ago

Well, "we" are up to 650. Only a few more days left. I'm curious to find out (and will check!!) if those votes in the 100's of thousands really get kicked out. Shame on them!
    No honesty, not even in a little fun-contest like this. What an example for the children!

Ingrid

• haase
    14 years ago

We're up to 703. Now, I wouldn't vote for any dog that has been dressed up, or dressed down, or fitted with a hat or glasses, or any such thing. I think that's degrading.
    Lots of cute puppies on there though....
    The more I look, the more I like Fendi.
    Only a few more days left.
    I hope you will keep us posted on the outcome. I'm kinda involved now!!

Ingrid

• eloise_ca
    14 years ago

Great, the website is not up right now due to tech problems.

• dimples31312
    14 years ago

Dorothy

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Linda

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

What great supporters you all have been! Thank you so much!!!! Ingrid, I think you would make a great campaign manager! Only four days left to vote! This is the first contest I have ever entered like this. Many people asked why I entered. Of course I think Fendi is cute but the top two winners Hallmark will give to their favorite dog charity. I am proud that Fendi has had this much support even though we are oodles of votes away from winning.
    Again, you guys have been wonderful and we are blessed to know ya!
    Joyce and Fendi

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Joyce it is a great feeling clicking everyday :-)

Just like playing a game and knowing only ONE can win or runner ups too. But ALL had fun playing it.

So thanks for including us in a fun time :-)

Lucy

• chena
    14 years ago

750..YAY!!! Keep voting we are getting close to the end!!

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Linda

• haase
    14 years ago

I found out that I can vote twice a day, if I wait several hours in between. That wouldn't be detrimental to the project, would it?
    Ingrid

• figara
    14 years ago

I tried few times today and did not let me vote until now
    Pat

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

I think that Fendi got quite a few votes there :-)))

Lucy

• haase
    14 years ago

Hello, Brug-friends, let's vote, let's make it 1000 for our Fendi! Two days left.
    Ingrid.

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Linda

• figara
    14 years ago

It doesn't let me vote today. Maybe it is not 24 h since my last vote. Same thing happened yesterday.
    pat

• haase
    14 years ago

I can't vote today either. WHY? Don't know. Will try again later.
    Last time I looked it was up to 1001. YEAHHH!!!!!

Ingrid

• PKponder TX Z7B
    14 years ago

I've been getting error 503 from home and work and this morning the website was down for me! At least some votes are getting through ;-)

Pam

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi all,
    I was getting the same errors last night and this morning. I cleared my cookies, history etc. on the Internet and then did a disk clean up on the computer and have been able to vote. Thanks again and again for your votes and support!
    Joyce

• figara
    14 years ago

Last night I could not vote ( did not let me and later the site was off). Today I could vote 2X :-)). right now the site is down again.

Pat

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

Says site offline.

Linda

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

yupp Joyce had to do the same thing and if the contest is over today...then this was my last vote right now

Lucy

• napdognewfie
    14 years ago

It says my vote didn't count & to refresh the page. I keep trying but it still won't let me vote. It did that last night too before it said the site was down again.

Linda

• figara
    14 years ago

Joyce maybe you should complain...the site was down so many times and a lot of people could not vote. Also we were not allowed to vote some days. It happened to me at least 4 times.
    Site was down again.
    Pat

• luvmy3afhounds
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks guys for trying. I think the contest site got overwhelmed & they had a hard time keeping it going. They sure had a good response to their contest with so many cute dogs! I couldn't even find out how many votes Fendi ended up with. I tried to log on & it says it doesn't recognize my user name, so I tried to make a new account and no luck. They were supposed to keep the dogs pics up until Jan. 15. Maybe they will get the site going again. If I hear anything else I will post it. You all exceeded my wildest expectations in yout support & I will remember it always!
    All the best to you!
    Joyce

• givelittle_getlots
    14 years ago

Joyce they might put it back up...AFTER they figure out who the winning pup is?

Just to make sure no one votes anymore?

It would be sad if you hear nothing of the contest anymore.

let us know. We had fun supporting your baby

Lucy