Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: POTD: I have to throw this blooming Iris in

Posted by givelittle_getlots Zone 8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 5:43

A wonderful good morning to everyone.

I think it started to rain out there. While I was taking a picture of the loaded Jacayna x Morgensonne seedling blooming earlier, I knew the weatherman did not lie this time. It was WINDY!!

So the bad weather IS coming and the 37 Fahrenheit for this coming night most likely also.

Glad I got all my tender plants in the house now. Watching the weather and if it gets to freezing...well then I really got to rush and bring in the potted brugs and dig out the blooming ones.

Even though I got more brug blooms...I just HAVE to show you this Iris picture I took 2 days ago.

While I looked at the amazing Copper Daisy shrub that took over half of the flowerbed in the front yard...I SAW IT:

From POTD for November 09

Now is that normal or is the poor thing as confused about the weather as we are?

P.S. Can anybody tell me what the redish looking plant in front of it, is? Grew it from seed and is the ONLY one. Is it a tender plant and I have to dig it up? lol

Have a very special day also. Full of pleasant surprises.

Hugs
Lucy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: POTD: I have to throw this blooming Iris in

Hi Lucy, was just lurking here again this morning...There are a lot of "re-blooming" German Iris this is exactly the time of year you'll see them too.

About Iris care, I had a lovely group of different varieties that was destroyed this year by Iris borer, Huge clumps of plants gone! All because I was lazy in cleaning out the bed last fall and I was unaware of this bug! Be sure you remove the dead leaves after season so you can enjoy your Iris for years to come! The eggs of this moth overwinter in the dead leaves and then hatch and eat their way into the rhizomes. I'm living here in New England for 5 years now and it's the absolute worst place I've ever lived for garden pests! If I ever move again (hopefully back south) I'll be leaving everything in the garden! Even my great grandmothers peonies, not taking a chance on bringing any pests with me!

o

The Iris is pretty as a picture with that background.

It's cold here today, only 51F and windy. It's not going to be fun moving the plants in this wind, but I need to get it done soon.

Have a good day!

o

BTW, Lucy, I meant to say how beautiful the iris and that photo is. The color combo is fabulous! I love my brugs, but Iris are my all time favs. Am I banned from posting here for that? LOL

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Mon, Nov 16, 09 at 20:02

Very nice Lucy,pretty as a picture! I love yellow :)
Susan

o

That is a beautiful surprise Lucy! I love yellow too!

o

Chaz thanks for the tips...I usually pick the dead leaves away during the year. But I guess now I know where some of them disappeared off to :-(

Kristy got me started with them and this past year kept me so busy with tropicals, roflmao.....that I did not get to get me more Iris's like I wanted.

But there is always next year right? :-)

Lucy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here