Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: POTD: This old tree

Posted by givelittle_getlots Zone 8 TX (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 30, 09 at 6:00

Good morning

I have to admit, the times with family the last week was so exceptional, fun and lol, time consuming, that I did not know if I was coming or going. BUT all I could think about was the NOW AND HERE.

No TV, no Internet. Just plain old family fun!

From POTD for November 09

This tree, one of five, I call the MOTHER tree. ME. Then there is a dad tree and our three kids have an Oak tree also.
Now it holds our grandkids and I am so thankful for having had them all enjoy this old tree. As we enjoyed our grandkids along with the parents.

Now you got me back and life brings back the joy I have with coming here.

Eager to read the posts and events, Pictures and stories I missed from my friend's lives :-)

Hoping that like for example Karyn my friend, who loves to throw big get togethers...Oh I should have ask you for some advice lol...how the holidays were for you or other big familie *reunions*

For us it was the 1st reunion of our 3 children in 13 years that we were all together at once.

So let me go and catch up a bit before the clean up begins and I get the house back to a 2 occupant household.

Wishing that this day finds all my GW buddies as well off as can be.

Kristy, especially you now that I know you had a horrible experience coming home yesterday. Glad you are safe and it ended without harm. That was one message I managed to read before I looked at the hundreds of photo's we took over the holidays and I had time this morning to do so for the 1st time.

Hugs
Lucy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: POTD: This old tree

What a perfect tree to play on and a great photo. It looks like it could be a Rockwell painting. It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday.

Our household was back to normal late yesterday afternoon but I can't say it's any quieter with the 5 of us then it was with 15! lol It was a nice holiday and I was glad to be able to do it this year.

o

Lucy & Karyn,
So glad you had a wonderful holiday! I had 14 myself! So fun! Have a great day everyone!

Theresa

o

Good morning all. Lucy, did you get up on that tree as well? I might have tried it, but then would have needed help getting down, LOL! What a precious picture of your GKs especially with the oldest boy holding on to her hand for safety reasons. We had a fantastic Thanksgiving. I had 11 here and everyone enjoyed the good food and company!

o

I love a good tree. Makes me think of that book, "The Giving Tree."

o

Good morning all!

Welcome back, Lucy, glad you had a great holiday. That's a wonderful pic of the GKs.

o

Good Morning all .
Lucy glad you are back. I was missing your POTD posts. The GK are so adorable. Seeing them make me want to go and climb an old oak tree I have next to the fence. That one is my tree. It's not too high and I can climb on it. Until few month ago I use to climb on it at about 5 ft high and watch people passing on the street. It makes you feel young again and forget everything for a few moments. No, I can not do it now.

Glad that everybody had a great Thanksgiving day.

Pat

o

Welcome back, Lucy. Missed your posts.
What a pretty pic of your grandkids.
Ingrid.

o

OMG "The Giving Tree" is one of my favorite books of all time. I still tear up when I read it. Shel Silverstein was a genius.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here