Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: Ingrid here are *finally* the amazing pictures you shared

Posted by givelittle_getlots Zone 8 TX (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 18, 09 at 7:22

Ingrid told me that she had no Camera with her in Germany :-(
But when our sweet Ingrid shared the pictures with me that a friend send her shortly after she came back from germany, I begged her if I can post them for all of us to enjoy.

They are just AMAZING and unfortunately the back and forth mails on that one, got buried amongst the other read mails :-(

Lahr is near Strasburg, in the Black Forest....
The Chrysanthema is a three-week long floral exhibition that takes place annually in the fall. It is visited by thousands from all over Germany and neighboring countries and features a tremendously decorated Altstadt (historic center of town).

From haase's photos

Now I am only posting ONE picture but click on the link below the photo and it will take you to Ingrid's album with all the rest.

Enjoy

Lucy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT: Ingrid here are *finally* the amazing pictures you shared

Great pics Ingrid. Thanks for posting them Lucy. I've never been to Germany but the architecture looks very similar to what I've seen in Belgium.

o

Just beautiful, so creative. Thanks for sharing those Ingrid and Lucy.

o

• Posted by dees 5 IN (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 18, 09 at 12:00

Great Pics. Thanks,Ingrid and Lucy! I had no idea that mums would cascade like the ones on the sides of the buildings and the ones forming the arch.Makes me appreciate them even more.Beautiful!

Dee

o

Oh Lucy, what a sweetheart you are!
Thank you so much for posting them.
Ingrid.

o

What a feast for the eyes! Beautiful photos of a lovely setting!
Thanks to both of you for posting the link and to Ingrid's friend for sharing.

Pam

o

Ingrid, I am so glad your friend had a camera! This brought back memories of when I was in Strasburg, the Black Forest, Austria and up in the Alps, etc. They do have tons of mums and geraniums all over the place. Seemed like everyone had beautiful window boxes or poles with hanging baskets full of flowers!

We have similar plantings/displays here in the States as well. I saw lots of humongous hanging baskets and window boxes, and rocks with mums spilling over when I was back east. Can't tell you now exactly where (would have to check out my photos) because we did like five states going to different gardens, both private and public. They were so beautiful!

o

• Posted by taz56 z8 Ga. (My Page) on
    Wed, Nov 18, 09 at 23:49

Wonderful pictures love the colors!
Susan

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here