Return to the Brugmansia Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT: POTD : I actually cut back the some inground brugs

Posted by givelittle_getlots Zone 8 TX (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 17, 09 at 7:25

Good morning my friends

It was really not hard to cut them down. Knowing that either I do it...or the freeze warning they announced we could have and ended up having, would do it.

The previous night with higher temps and strong winds...had damaged some tips on some brugs real bad. So...since I could not find any cheap big pots...Kylie that will not happen next year lol. Thanks for the link.

Anyways...Yesterday I did get to see the brugs at Kristy's house. The ones that are in the ground...Then I KNEW I did the right thing.

Next year I hope I find permanent homes for most brugs to put a whole lot more in the ground.

THEY WILL COME BACK :-))))

Not like this Beauty:

From POTD for November 09

I found him one day just sitting there on a fig leaf. After I saw that he was dead...I did what I have never done before. But he was just to perfect. To Beautiful.

Still have him. He will remind me of a super Butterfly summer.

Have a super day

Hugs
Lucy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Sometimes I add some...sometimes I change some...

The subject line will happen when you change what you are going to write, while you are in the middle of doing so. rofl I guess I did not erase all to make it even sound right lol

Lucy

o
RE: OT: POTD : I actually cut back the some inground brugs

That's a beautiful butterfly Lucy! it's cold here too this morning, but only hit 41. So, how many buckets of cuttings do you have to root up?

Have a great day everyone!

o

Sad to cut them, (I know I was) but happy with the promise of spring and many more beautiful blooms next year!

I planted pansies this week. I love their little happy faces in winter, but they are the final admission (to oneself) that winter is come.....

Wonderful photos! Thank you for sharing

Frances

o

Hi Lucy and all. I'm still holding on to my brugs for a few more weeks. We have one more night of cold and then back to warmer for a week. Next year most of them will go in the ground, but I will keep one to see out the window.

o

Well I could have waited a little longer...but I just do not want to spend days on the garden if we would get bad weather during the time all the kids and grandkids are home. That does not happen very often, that they are all home at the same time.

So this year...it was fine with me :-)

Besides....I have a Santa Rosa bloom on a cutting going at it in the green room. lol

Lucy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Brugmansia Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here